Good Times

They found her body today. I feel numb. Moriarty warned me but I didn't listen. He said that he would burn me, burn the heart out of me and he did. He killed the woman I loved, my beautiful wife. I sit in the same old black chair but now that she's gone, it's not the same. Nothing took my mind off of her. Not even the large doses of drugs I took earlier this evening. No one bothered to disturb me. My world fell apart when Lestrade called me. His little sister, my wife was murdered by James Moriarty. I wanted revenge but Lestrade arrived first. Moriarty is dead but the numbness is still here. I'm all alone in this miserable world. I try to think of the good times that (Y/N) and I shared but it hurts even more when I think of them. Pain. Pain is all that I feel right now. I close my eyes and picture our days together.

~Flashback~

(Y/N) laughed loudly as she ran away to the other side of the park. I chased after her with a huge smile on my face. It didn't take long before I reached her and I lifted her from her feet. She tried to get away but I held onto her as strongly as I was capable of. I pulled her down with me onto the soft green grass and kissed her. She laughed as we pulled away and got up and ran away again. I chuckled softly before I also got up and started chasing her again. I didn't care if people looked at us, if people thought that we were odd. I was happy, happy to be married to the most beautiful girl in the world. (Y/N) stopped running and turned around. The butterflies in my stomach appeared again when I saw the huge smile on her face. Her perfect smile that lit up the entire universe. She looked up to the sky and I followed her gaze. The clouds were grey and suddenly it started to rain. We were an hour away from home and we weren't prepared for the rain whatsoever. (Y/N) didn't even bring her coat. I quickly ran over to her and took off my coat to wrap it around her. The smile never left her face as I picked her up bridal style and started walking home. ''Sherlock I need to tell you something.'' She said, the smile replaced with a nervous expression. ''You can tell me anything Sweetheart.'' I assured her. ''Promise that you won't freak out or... or-'' She stopped talking as tears rolled down her cheeks. ''Or what?'' I asked, concerned. ''Or leave me.'' She whispered in between her silent sobs. ''I stopped at the nearest bench and sat down, (Y/N) still in my arms. ''Sweetheart I will never leave you.'' I said. ''I-I'm pregnant Sherlock.'' She said. I smiled and kissed her forehead. ''I know.'' I whispered in her ear. ''You did?'' She asked, her voice higher than usual. ''Well of course I knew. You have all the signs. I wanted you to find out by yourself so I didn't say anything.'' I explained. She smiled and shook her head. ''I'll never get used to your deductions.'' She said still smiling.

~Flashback Ended~

I open my eyes again and feel a few tears roll down my cheeks. I had not only lost my wife when Moriarty shot her, I had also lost my unborn daughter. We already had a name for her. Delilah. More tears started to flow as I thought about how I would never meet my daughter. I had no one to live for and I didn't want to live anymore. I grabbed another needle from the table next to me and injected myself with more drugs. My mind relaxed again and I closed my eyes, feeling it working immediately. It didn't take long before the feeling went away and my mind wandered to (Y/N) again.

~Flashback~

''Sherlock!'' She yelled from the bathroom. I jumped up and hurried to the bathroom and almost broke the door when I opened it with all the strength I had. ''What's wrong?'' I asked, panting. ''No need to be so worried Love. I forgot to grab a towel from the bedroom would you mind getting one?'' She asked sweetly. I sighed in relief and went to the bedroom to get (Y/N) a white towel. ''Here you go.'' I said as I handed it to her. She shoved the shower curtains away and revealed her naked body covered with drops of water. She was so beautiful. ''Sherlock you're staring.'' She said, laughing a bit. ''Oh yes sorry.'' I quickly exited the bathroom and made us some tea. After a few minutes she got out of the bathroom as well and took the cup with her favourite tea flavour in it. ''So Sherlock.'' She started as we both sat down on the couch together. I raised my eyebrow and gestured for her to continue. ''Baby names.'' She said casually. ''I understand if you haven't-'' She immediately stopped talking when I pulled a white piece of paper from my pocket and handed it to her. ''Okay, I see that you were prepared for this conversation.'' She said with a huge grin on her face. ''Pick one.'' I said. She scanned the list for a few minutes before handing me the list and pointing at the third name on it. ''Delilah.'' I said, fighting back tears as I looked at the name of my future daughter. I enveloped her in a tight hug and placed a dozen kisses on her forehead, cheeks, neck and shoulders as she giggled uncontrollably. ''I love you.'' She said when she stopped giggling. ''I love you too.'' I said before leaning in and giving her a passionate kiss on her lips.

~Flashback Ended~

I smiled at the memories of her. For a second I forgot that she was gone. I couldn't take this pain anymore. I pictured her face in front of me and I how happy I would be if I saw her again. There's no such thing as Heaven or Hell. But my drugged and sentimental mind wondered if I would see her again after I died as well. I grabbed the last needle from the table next to me and lingered. I thought about John and Mary, how they would react if I would die the same day as my wife. Tears escaped my eyes again and I tried nothing to stop them. But they had each other, they could comfort each other. I had no one to comfort me anymore, there's only one solution and I'm holding it. I didn't hesitate for another second as I injected myself with the last drugs I would ever take. My hands were shaking and I dropped the needle. I closed my eyes again and thought about my beautiful wife one last time.

I allowed my head to fall sideways and let it rest on my shoulder. My eyes started to feel very heavy and I closed them again. I noticed my heartbeat getting weaker with every second that passed before it stopped completely.

A/N: I've been feeling a little depressed lately. So I guess that explains the sad chapter(s). I always write and listen to music when I'm not feeling happy and I ended up with this. Also I apologize for the lack of updates lately. I've been busy with school but the holiday is approaching! I hope you enjoyed reading despite the sadness of this oneshot. Thank you so much for reading! I can't believe that this book has almost reached 1K reads. 

Thank you so much.