You Have Been Warned

Your relationship with Sherlock was on rocky grounds. You loved him very much, but he was so distant and barely showed any affection. He never told you that he loved you, he never complemented you and he always made sure that there was enough space between the two of you. 

It hurt. 

You wanted a relationship where you were appreciated. You wanted to feel loved, and that was exactly the opposite of how you truly felt. You pretended like you weren't bothered by Sherlock's distant behaviour. You didn't want to hurt his feelings, if he even had any, but you were getting sick and tired of it.

You walked up the stairs to 221B, two heavy shopping bags in your hands. You managed to open the door with your foot and stumbled to the kitchen. Sherlock was, of course, not there to help you. He didn't get up from his chair, he didn't even offer to help you. 

You huffed and unpacked the shopping bags, placing the food in the right places. Sherlock didn't even move the entire time you were there. He didn't even acknowledge your presence. You went back to the living room and noticed an empty syringe next to his chair. You rolled your eyes and picked it up, throwing it in the trash. These things didn't surprise you anymore. You had tried to help him with quitting his addiction, but he never let you. He would shout at you and sometimes when he was really, really high, he'd even hit you. You didn't know why you were still with him. Your relationship was not healthy.

''Sherlock.'' You called, standing in front of him with your arms crossed. ''Go away.'' He mumbled, not opening his eyes. You bit your lip and fought back the tears that were forming in your eyes. His harsh tone hurt every time. There was no emotion, no care, no passion in his voice. It was all gone. The love he once felt for you had been sucked away by his addiction. He had become the sociopath he had always claimed to be. An emotionless, careless machine. 

''Do you truly want me to go?'' You asked. Sherlock opened his eyes and stood up. He looked down at you, his eyes holding no emotion. ''That's what I said, isn't it?'' He hissed. You stared back at him, not allowing yourself to cry this time. ''Your addiction has changed you. You have become what everyone feared you would become. A machine. You might be a great man, Sherlock Holmes, but you're anything but a good one.'' You shot back. His lips formed a horrifying grin and his eyes had a dangerous look in them. You swallowed thickly and took a step back. ''I wouldn't have become this machine  if you would have stayed out of my life.'' He claimed, taking a threatening step closer to you. ''I'm done, Sherlock.'' You stated. You turned around and walked away, but you didn't walk very far. Sherlock grabbed your arm and pulled you back. ''You, my darling, are not going anywhere.'' He growled.

''(Y/N)? Are you alright?'' You shot up, breathing heavily. You started crying. ''Hey, hey, what's wrong?'' Sherlock asked gently. He embraced you and stroked your hair soothingly. ''It's okay, Love. It was just a dream.'' He soothed. You buried your face in his chest and sobbed into his shirt. ''Was it the same dream again?'' He asked you. ''Yes.'' You sobbed. ''Oh, Darling, that's not real. I'd never hurt you, you know that, right?'' You nodded and calmed down a little. Sherlock held you close to his chest, stroking your hair and whispering sweet nothings to you. ''I love you, (Y/N). That will never change, I promise. You're my one and only.'' He declared. ''I love you, too.'' You whispered. You closed your eyes again and snuggled even closer to your husband.

The dream had reappeared several times, always exactly the same. It scared you, but Sherlock was always there to calm you down and assure you that it was all fake. It made you feel safer. You realised that Sherlock loved you and that he would never hurt you like that.

It was just a dream.

That's all it was, a dream. 

A dream that would one day become reality.

Don't say I didn't warn you. 

If you're in an unhealthy or abusive relationship, find someone who can help you. You do not deserve to be treated like that. ♥