Chapter 5.

Amber's POV.

After Connor and I got some ice cream we leaned against the counter.

I was across from him. He was grinning at me as he ate a big bite.

" Enjoying your ice cream there?" I ask.

He chuckles. " Yes, a lot." He says.

" It was really nice of Alpha George to offer to train you." I say.

" Yes it was. Your lucky you have such a kind Alpha. I wish my dad had been that kind." Says Connor.

" I'm sure your father will come around soon enough." I say.

" Me too." Says Connor.

We continue eating a bit before I realize he wasn't eating anymore. He was staring at me.

" What?" I say.

" Your just really beautiful tonight." He says.

I smile at those words. I look into his eyes. Those piercing blue eyes seemed to glow brighter tonight, and his black hair made them stand out more.

He leaned forward. " I still can't thank you enough for all you did for me since I met you." He says.

" It was worth it. Your able to walk free around the pack now. " I say.

He leans forward more. His lips soon connect with mine.

I smiled and kissed back. " So, what are you gonna do tomorrow?" He says after he broke away from the kiss.

" Not sure. I'll probably  spend some time with Tasha a little, then we'll cook dinner when the time comes." I say.

" Sounds like fun." Says Connor.

" Hopefully it will be. I'll miss you though." I say.

He chuckles. " I'll be back before you know it." Says Connor.

" I know." I say.

" You know, now that I'm not being hunted down by your pack and I don't have to hide, I can tell you a few stories from my childhood." Says Connor.

" Well then what are you waiting for?" I say.

He laughs. " Well, before everything that happened, my father was just beginning to train me and I had no time to hang out with Cassandra and Clayton. We passed each other in school and I handed them both a note that told them to meet me at a secret spot in the woods that only we knew about. That night I snuck out of the house and ran to the secret spot. They were already waiting for me. Cassandra had brought along some food. After we ate and caught up we went to a little creek close by. The water was freezing. Clayton was throwing stick into the creek and we watched as they speed down the creek with the water. Cassandra and I backed up and few steps and looked at each other before smirking. We ended up shoving Clayton into the creek. You should have seen it. ." Says Connor laughing as he spoke.

" He yelled and went under the water. When he came back up and managed to crawl out of the fast moving creek he saw we were laughing our heads off. We apologized of course, but it was so worth it to see his face when he went in." He says.

I laugh at that story. " That's funny. " I say.

He smirked and scoops some more ice cream out of his bowl and moved it towards my mouth.

I smiled and allowed him to feed me a bite. I scooped some out of mine. " It's only fair you get a bite in return." I say.

He chuckles. " It's only fair." He says taking the bite.