Chapter 69.

Kurt's POV.

As the clocks ticks on we sit and wait. There's not much else we can do.

Time seems to be flying by tonight and at other points it seems to be going in slow motion.

I don't know if that makes any sense. I don't really care right now though. I can feel the tension in everyone around me.

I get up and call my mate to follow me over mind link. She does. Once we're inside I turn to talk to her.

" Everyone's so anxious. I want to make them some hot chocolate and bring it out to them. " I say.

She grins at me. " That's very sweet Kurt. Let's do it. "

That's exactly what we do. We know our way around the kitchen and we prepared cups of hot chocolate for the entire crew out front on the porch.

I get why their so nervous. They have every right to be. Connor looks awful and like he needs sleep, but he wouldn't be able to get any if he tired. I know I wouldn't be able to if I were him. This entire situation is just crazy and a complete misunderstanding that should have been handled long ago.

We get the soon full mugs and place them on the serving trays before picking them up and walking outside.

Everyone looks surprised by this. However, I see the proud looks on my parents faces and I know I've done the right thing.

We pass them out to everyone before grabbing our mugs and setting the trays down. We then proceed to take our seats again.

Everyone thanked us and slowly started to enjoy their drinks. I could feel the tension in the air dissipating a bit. That was the goal I was going for. I looked at my mate and smiled.

" Good thinking with the hot chocolate son. " was all my father said when he passed us on his way inside the pack house.

I stand up and follow him. Cassandra doesn't say anything. Once I'm inside my father turns to me.

" Your doing an amazing job so far Kurt. I'm proud. " he said.

" Have you ever been in a pack war before?!" The question bursts from my mouth before I can stop it.

His eyes widen a little, then he gives me that same old smile he does and begins to speak.

" I've been in quite a few. Some weren't even my own. They were brought on by different situations, but never one like this. " he says.

" Dad, I..." I trail off. I sound weak right now. I don't need to be sounding weak in front of my dad. He made me Alpha. I should be strong and see this through without help, but it's my dad and I'll always want his help.

I then feel his hand on my shoulder. " Kurt, look at me and finish what you were saying. " he says gently.

Even though he's not Alpha anymore, he still holds power over me no one else will. The parental power.

I look up at him. " I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say to Alpha Conan. We've tried to talk to him and it's led to this. What if I just make things worse?" I ask.

" You won't. I have faith that this will turn out how it should. We have multiple packs on our side, multiple Alphas, and you as our Alpha. This pack is in good hands. " he says.

I nod. " I'll be by you the entire time. Besides, when it comes to a pack war you never truly know what to say to the person your against until that time has come and even then it's not what you were planning to say. It just happens. " says my dad.

I nod and smile up at him. This was what I needed. Some alone time to chat with my dad.

" If anything happens, protect Cassandra please?" I ask suddenly.

His eyes widened suddenly. He is shocked I asked him this. " Nothing will happen to you Kurt. " he said.

" I know, but as a back up plan. Just in case. I want her to be in safe hands. Please?" I ask.

He smiles warmly at me. " Always Kurt. She's family. We protect family. " he says.

I smile wildly at him before tackling him in a huge hug. He hugs me back tightly and this is everything I've need tonight. Words from my dad and everything from my mate.

" Leta go back and join the others. " says my dad. I nod in response.

The two of us he's don back outside. The time was currently five in the morning. Sunrise is in a hour. He should be here within that time.

I then get ready and send out a message to the pack.

' Attention everyone. It is five in the morning. Alpha Conan should be here within the hour. Those in the pack prison, prepare for loud noises of what's to come. Everyone else get ready and be on high alert. If you have any concerns, come to me about them. '

After that message I looked at my father and he nodded at me. I walk over and sit next to Connor and Amber.

Amber is looking at me. " Your doing great Kurt. " she says.

I grin. " Thanks. You guys be safe out there today. Ok. " I say.

The nod. " We will if you will. " says Connor.

I grin stupidly at them and they crack up laughing. " Will do guys. " I say.

I then get back up and walk over to Tasha and Clayton. Tasha is passed out on Clayton. Guess my message didn't wake her up. Classic Tasha.

" You ready buddy?" I ask Clayton.

" As ready as I can be. No one will toxin her. " he says looking down at Tasha.

" That's what I like to hear. " I said standing back up and heading to Matt and Clair.

" You two ready?" I ask.

They look at me and nod. " Yeah. " says Matt. He armed with a big sword and a bow and arrow. He will be fighting while riding Clair's wolf.

" Good. You guys stay safe out there. " I then make my way to every Alpha and ask them the same thing. They all says their ready and I get back to Cassandra when there is only thirty minutes left.

We sit together for the remainder of the time before we hear a loud noise and sense someone has breached our pack territory.

I stand up and take a step forward. " They're here. "

Comment and vote.

A/N. It's time guys. The pack war is here. I will hopefully update again soon. I hope you enjoyed this one. The next chapter will be in Amber's POV. Until then :-)