Chapter 38.

Amber's POV.

I am in and out of consciousness, barely able for it to register in my mind that I'm being carried.

I hear howls, snarls and growls from wolves fighting, but I can barely register that a fight is going on.

The only thing I can focus on is the horrible burning pain shooting through my body. The worst of it on my arm where the....

That's when it all rushes back into my mind what's going on. Fenris, the silver dagger cutting my arm, the Wolf Bane coursing through my veins. It's killing me.

Panic flickers in my chest. Connor showed up, John is carrying me. Conner, oh gosh, where is he? Is he ok?

I force my eyes open. I look around for Connor. It takes me a few seconds before I spot him.

Then I see who's behind him. The Boss Rogue, then I notice the silver chains around Conner. I followed them and saw I was the boss rogue that held them.

He was yanking Connor back as he tried to get away. In his right hand was a silver dagger.

Where the heck did he get that?! The Wolf Bane is spreading and the pain of causes is getting worse by the second, but I can only concentrate and worry on what's happening with Connor.

I don't have the energy to yell, and for some reason John is just watching. He's not getting up and helping Connor.

Why isn't he helping him?! He's just sitting there. The boss rogue is still yanking Connor back.

Connor can't fight, he's unable to move anymore. The silver chains have pinned his paws and he's literally being dragged now.

The boss rogue gives that same evil smile. He stomps on the chain and it keeps Connor pinned down. He then raises the hand that holds the silver dagger.

Connor move!!!! Then he stabs down with the dagger. Connor looks straight at me and his wolf's eyes lock with mine just as the dagger enters his back.

His eyes widen and he helps. I feel his pain even through the pain I'm feeling. I scream at the boss rogue to leave him alone.

He doesn't. Instead he twists the dagger. John still isn't doing anything. I don't get it. I wouldn't do this to him if this was happening to him or his mate.

Everything then starts to fade. I can't move anymore, black is clouding the edges of my vision and the pain starts leaving. My body turns numb and the last thing I see is Connor laying still on the ground.

I wake up with a loud gasp of fright. It's the same dream every time. It won't stop. I look to the side and see Connor is still asleep. His arm currently around my waist.

I slowly manage to slip his arm away and sneak out of bed without waking him. I need to go walk for a bit and calm down.

I carefully sneak around the bed and make it to the door before slowly opening it and sneaking out, thankfully without waking Connor.

I walk into the hallway. I know how to get back to my room,  but I've decided I'm going to go wander for a bit.

I start walking down the dimly lit hallway. Every once in a while there was a table with a lamp on it.

That stupid dream keeps waking me up at night. One of the first times I had that dream was when I was still at my pack. Now, it comes almost every night.

It's only been a few nights, but it feels like more. Connor almost lost me that night, I can't imagine what it must have felt like to him. The dream is as close a feeling as I can get.

Everything's so messed up, escaped prisoners, rogue mates, pack war, a father that wants to kill his son.

Why can't his father just open his eyes and see the truth? Instead he has to cause a pack war that is going to get innocent wolves killed.

" Amber." Says a voice.

I suddenly snap out of my thoughts and look. There in the doorway of a room I had just passed was Alpha Lucas.

He was looking at me with concern and curiosity. " Oh, uh hello Alpha Lucas. I didn't wake you did I?" I ask.

He chuckles and give me a smile. " No not at all. This is my office. I was just finishing up some work here at the pack. I heard footsteps and was curious as to who it was."

" I don't mean to bother. I just couldn't sleep and I..." I started.

" Why ever not?" He asks.

I think for a second and decide to be honest with him. " I had a nightmare. "

He nods. " I see. Now, how many times have you had this nightmare?"

" It started a few nights ago and every time I fall asleep I have the nightmare. " I say.

He nods again. " Come, I make us some coffee and you can tell me all about that dream. Oh and don't worry, making coffee is no trouble at all." He says, answering my question before I could even ask it.

I smile and follow him down the hall towards the pack kitchen. I've never had an Alpha make something for me before, let alone an Alpha I don't know well. This should be interesting.

Comment and vote.

A/N. I am so sorry this took so long. I was on vacation and have been spending a lot of time with my boyfriend and things have just been so busy. I will update another chapter as soon as I can. Thank you to those who have stuck with this story. It means a lot to know people still like my story. I hope you enjoyed this one. I will make sure the next update won't be a month or two from now. The next chapter will be in Amber's POV again.