Chapter 49.

Connor's POV.

Once we have everything packed up and we're ready to go, we meet at the pack house to say our goodbyes.

" I have something I need to ask you before you leave? " says Alpha Lucas.

We nod and look at him. " Would you be willing to take Clair and Matt with you? They want to help out any way they can." Says Alpha Lucas.

We look at them. " I'm not helpless. I can defend myself with a weapon." Says Matt.

" I'm fully trained too and I want to do what I can to help prevent this unnecessary pack war." Says Clair.

" Very well. Hurry and pack a bag. We need to head out as quickly as possible. " says Alpha George.

They rushed off and quickly came back with two small bags. " I'll tell your parents you said bye. They already said it was ok for you to go. " says Alpha Lucas.

" See you soon Alpha. Thank you. " says Clair.

We thank Alpha Lucas and bid them all farewell as we take off to the pack limits to head to the next pack.

Soon we crossed the border and we're on our way. The Alpha George spoke to us over mind link.

' we are going to Alpha Ronan's pack next. Best be well behaved when we get there. He is very old school. ' he says.

' Yes Alpha. ' we all respond.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to bring a human to other packs, not knowing how these packs will react to us bringing a human along.

I'm sure things will go fine, but I still can't help, but to worry about what would happen to Matt if we got attacked.

I look closer and see he has a silver dagger strapped to his left leg. He must have been telling the truth we he said he could defend himself with a weapon.

Good, I feel better about that. He is currently riding on the back of his mates wolf.

I look and see Amber running next to me. The sun shinning on her beautiful white wolf. Her fur ruffled by the wind from running.

How did I get so lucky to have a mate like her? She's better than anything or anyone I could ever ask for. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve her. She always brings out the better side of me.

I love her so much. She looks over at me and it almost looks like her wolf is smiling at me. She turns back and we continue to run for a while.

About half a day passed before we see the border to the next pack. It was closer then the others had been.

I hope this Alpha will be reasonable. However, as we get closer I start to get a weird feeling.

I'm not sure what it is about this pack. It just doesn't feel safe to me right now. Might just be me though.

New packs and all, can't be to sure what their going to do when they see me and realize who I am.

We then cross the border and seconds after we do loud howls were heard across the entire pack.

We stop and wait for them to arrive. Seconds later they do. ' Shift back now!!' Yelled one of them.

We all shift back and look at him. He right away back down the amount of force he was using once he's dense the two Alpha's.

" My apologies. I was not aware there were two Alpha's here. " he says. He walked up and bowed his head in respect to the two Alpha's.

" What brings two Alpha's here? " Asks the guard.

" We request a meeting with Alpha Ronan. As soon as possible. " says Alpha George.

He went to speak when he spotted me and he froze. His eyes widened in shock.

" Woah, the son of Alpha Conan himself. " he said walking up to me.

I didn't speak at all. " He's innocent. " snapped a voice.

The guards head snapped to the side to look at the one who spoke. It was Matt.

" A human defending a Luna killer. These are strange times indeed. " he muttered.

He looked me straight in the eyes. " Since your with these Alpha's that means you are under their protection. Your lucky. If you weren't, I'd arrest you right away. For now, I will allow you all to stay on these grounds. Follow me to the pack house and I'll see if I can get you a meeting with Alpha Ronan. " he said turning around and walking off.

We hurried to follow him. I walk next to Matt and Amber. I look at Matt. " Why did you defend me? " I ask.

" Why wouldn't I? You are innocent. You shouldn't be blamed for something you didn't do. It just isn't right. " says Matt.

I smile at him. " Thanks. "

I'm starting to like Matt even more now. As we walk I stay close behind Alpha George.

As we get closer to the pack house the guard turned to face us. " I wouldn't expect a meeting with Alpha Ronan today. He's very busy in meetings right now. You'd be very lucky if you manage to meet with him at all. " he said to us.

Well this is just great. A dead line for this Pack war coming up soon and we have to wait almost an entire day to meet with him. Man I sure hope this works out for us.

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I will update again as soon as I can. The next chapter will be in Matt's POV. I will go into a bit more detail with Matt's back ground. Sorry it took me a bit to get this one updated. I've been sick and my cat got hit by a car recently. I hope to get the next chapter up sooner than this one. Let me know if there is any POV you guys want me to go into more detail with. Enjoy.