Chapter 60.

John's POV.

I just got word from Kurt that they are returning to the pack. It'll take them an entire day and the pack war will be happening two days from now.

We need to get the pack ready. It's early morning and I'm walking down the hall towards the Alpha's office where Kurt is.

The second I walk in I can feel the tense atmosphere. He's in a heated conversation with the head guard.

" Sir as hard as I'm trying, I can't get the guard ready with only two days left. " says the head guard.

" Don't use that excuse. I told you at the beginning of the week what they left to do and that you had to get the guards ready. I know they've been training. Their ready. Don't tell me otherwise. " growled Kurt.

" We don't have enough numbers for this pack war. " says the head guard.

Kurt snarled. " We have other packs headed here now with more guards and if that still worries you. Go out and recruit a few wolves that will be willing to help. " growled Kurt.

" Yes Alpha Kurt. " says the guard before being dismissed and walking off.

Kurt sat down in his chair. He sighed in anger. " I don't know how my dad does it. Being in charge of a pack is so stressful. " says Kurt.

He looks at me and I offer a smile. He smiles back. " I have something I need you and Amelia to do. " Says Kurt.

" Yes Sir. What do you need?" I ask.

" Just call me by Kurt. It's weird for you to call me Sir. " I nod. " I need you two to gather Clayton and Tasha as well as a few others and go to the packs prison. I need you to gather the prisoners and move them to the lower levels and make the cells in the top three floors livable and clean for the children and mothers that are going to take shelter in there during the pack war. " says Kurt.

" I would be happy to do that Kurt. " I say, having to force myself not to call him Sir. It's really hard, especially with the amount of Alpha power that's just rolling off him in waves.

He's sighed and relaxed more. " That's John. That's one less thing I got to stress about. " he says.

I nod in reply and say bye before heading to do what he asked me. I send a mind link to the others as I gather a few pack members willing to help me.

We meet at the door to the pack prison. " You guys ready? It's time to get this place ready and looking good. " I say.

They all answer yes and we head into the pack prison. We start by moving the prisoners to the lower levels.

Thankfully there were only six. Didn't take us long to move them at all. I paired up with Clayton to clean a cell while Tasha and Amelia cleaned another.

" I'm so excited to see Connor again. " says Clayton.

" Same, the rest of my family is coming back as well so I'm super excited to see them. " I say.

He grins. " I'm glad we all met. This pack is so much nicer then Alpha Conan's. Especially the pack prison. I can't believe how clean it is compared to Alpha Conan's. " he said.

I remember what Connor said about how dirty it was. I shudder at the thought of even staying a day in a cell like that. " We treat the prisoners right. They do t need to be treated horribly. " I say.

He nods in reply. He's always full of smiles and grins. Kinda like Tasha. Guess that's why their mates.

I smiled at that. After we work a little more we switch up partners for the next cells.

I'm now with my mate. She's grinning at me. " You are amazing, you know that? " says Amelia.

I look at her. " What do you mean?" I say.

" Doing this. " she gestures around her. " Making sure the pack members that aren't fighting in the war are safe and protected here.

I smile. " Kurt asked me too. I'm just doing my part as a future Bète and making sure the pack is ready. " I say.

" You are going to be one amazing Bète. " she says walking up to me and kissing my cheek.

I move my head and catch her lips in a kiss. She breaks away laughing and just shakes her head as she walks on to do more cleaning.

I grin like an idiot as I start to clean again as well. It takes us a few hours to get all three  floors done. That's more then enough room for the pack members that won't be fighting.

I walk up to where the others are now gather. " Great job today guys. You made your pack proud. " I say.

They all hug me before making their way out and leaving back to their houses.

The pack prison has never been this clean and set up for anyone to stay. We ever put up some posters and set up tables in the hallways for the kids that come down here. We don't want them to be scared. We want this place to feel comfy for them.

The four of us left walk out and we sit down in the grass. The shade felt nice and there was a light breeze. I would have to go and inform Kurt that the job was done soon.

For now I'm just going to lay back and enjoy the breeze. It's about two in the afternoon now. The others should be back by tonight.

I stand up after a few more minutes. " Thank you guys for all your help. " I say. Amelia stands to go with me.

" I need to go let Kurt know the job is done and if he doesn't need me anymore I need to go help mom make dinner for the family tonight once they get back. " I say.

" Be safe John. " says Tasha hugging me.

Clayton just grins and hugs me as well. They say bye to Amelia and together the two of us walk away from them and head to the pack house to help with what we can.

Comment and vote.

A/N. I know. I've been on a role with the chapters lately. Lol. I'm getting closer to the fight and it's making me want to write more and more. Hopefully no more writers block lol. The next chapter will be in Amber's POV. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Until the next time. :-)