Chapter 75.

Connor's POV.

As we started the dinner I could tell everyone looked nervous with My father around.

" Before we begin Alpha Conan would like to say a few words. " says Kurt.

At that my father stands up. " Before we start the feast I would like to apologize to each and every one of you. I am sorry for all the trouble I've put this pack through. Both pack, this was a pack war I started for a stupid reason and I see that now. For all this I am truly sorry. " says my father.

Everyone relaxed some and a bunch of people forgave him right away. My father looked at Kurt.

" You May continue Alpha Kurt. " says my father.

Kurt smiles and waits until my father has taken his seat again. " Today is a day to celebrate. The pack war is over and Connor is free. Let's enjoy this feast and time we have together. " says Kurt.

At that everyone cheered. I couldn't help, but to grin at everything. People were congratulating me through the dinner.

I was grinning and talking back with them. We shared stories and all around just had fun.

It was great to be in the same room as my father and not be at each other's throats.

I've wanted this for so long and finally have it. I'm never going to let it go.

After the meal has ended I then am approached by my father. " Could I talk to you for a minute?"

I nod in response and we go out onto the porch. " I will be heading back home with the pack tomorrow morning. I wanted to ask if you have accepted my offer in becoming Alpha?" Says my father.

I have been thinking it over. " I need to talk to amber about it. " I say.

He nods. " Very well. Once you have made your decision the pack will be waiting for you. "

I nod. " Thank you father. " I say.

He just smiled at me before turning to walk off. I reach out and grab his arm. He looks at me shocked for a moment before I pull him into a hug.

He stiffens, but manages to relax a few seconds later. He then hugs back and I can't help the smile that comes across my face.

" Thank you. " he says.

" Love you  too Dad. " I say.

He grins. I then let go and back away. He leaves and I just stand there on the porch enjoying the sun on my face.

" Enjoying your time as a free wolf? " asks a voice next to me. I look and it's Alpha  George. I crack a big smile.

" Yes Sir I am. " I say.

He grins back. " Good. I knew things would work out in the end. " says Alpha George.

" I couldn't have done it without you. Thank you sir. " I say.

" Come take a walk with me. " he says.

I nod and the two of us walk off the porch and down the yard. " I've always loved this pack. The people here are great. I would do anything for them. The grounds are beautiful as well. The way the sun looks as it sets over the trees. The way the moon light just makes the pack glow. It's beautiful. " says Alpha George.

" It is. When I was hiding from you all I slept in a spot in the woods where there was a break in the trees and the moon light would shine down. It was really gorgeous. " I say.

" That's the spot behind Amber's house right?" He asks.

I nod. " That is a beautiful spot. I've searched every inch of this pack. I had to since I was about to become Alpha. As Alpha I needed to know every square inch of this pack. " he says.

We stop at the edge of the woods and he turns to me. " Take your fathers offer. " he says.

My eyes widen. " Your ready Connor. Go with him tomorrow and become Alpha. We can then unite the packs and never fight again. " he says.

" I don't feel ready though. " I say.

He smiles warmly at me. " You never feel ready until you take the job. I never felt ready when I became Alpha. Then it was pure instinct. It just came to me, just like it will for you. " he says.

I look down to think a little. " I'm not trying to tell you what to do. It's ultimately your decision. I just want you to know I support you no matter what. " says Alpha George.

I smile and look back at him. He really is one of the best Alpha's I have ever met. Ain't it a wonder this pack is so great.

" Your a great Alpha. " I say.

" Was a great Alpha. I'm retired. " he says with a laugh at the end of his sentence. I laugh with him.

" You will always be a great Alpha Sir. " I say.

" Thank you Conner. " he says.

Something starts to feel off suddenly. I don't know what it is. Being here just doesn't feel right.

I look at Alpha George. He hasn't sensed anything so I stop worrying a little. He knows when something is unsafe.

" What's on your mind Connor?" Says Alpha George.

" I don't know. Something doesn't feel right. " I say.

I look at the ground by the tree I'm at. It's giving off a weird scent. I crouch down by it and sniff deeper using my wolf senses.

" Something made of silver was right here. " I say.

He crouched down next to me and sniffed like I did. He then moved the leaves and there was loose dirt. Like something had been buried there.

" Your right. I'll contact Kurt. You head back inside and find Amber. " says Alpha George.

" I'm not leaving you alone. I'll mind link her to come out with us. " I say.

He nods in response. ' Amber, come outside please?" I ask.

No answer. I try again and still no answer. It's almost like something's blocking me from sensing her.

At that thought my eyes widen and I jump up. Alpha George is quick to follow me. " I can't contact Kurt. " he says.

" We need to get out of here. Now." I say. Panic filling my voice.

He looks confused and goes to say something. " To bad only one of you is making it out of here alive. " says a voice from the woods I know all to well.

We turn and look and there is the Boss Rogue. He is staring at us with the creepiest smirk on his face.

Then I notice he's holding a silver gun and it's aimed at Alpha George's forehead.

" NO!!" I cried. I was to late though. He fires the gun and seconds later Alpha George falls to the ground. A bullet wound in his forehead. Dead.

My stomach drops. He just murdered Alpha George. Then pain spouts in the back of my head. My vision starts to go black. Someone catches me before I can fall to the ground.

" Don't worry Connor. When I'm done with you. This will only feel like a dream. " says the Boss Rogue.

I feel him pick me up and put me over his shoulder before he takes off into the woods.

The last thing I hear before I lose consciousness is the howls of Alpha George's mate from inside the pack house. Then everything goes black.

Comment and vote.

A/N. There you have it. The last chapter of the book. Hope you enjoyed it. I will start the third book as soon as I can. Thank you all for your comment and votes. I hope you enjoyed this book as much as I did writing it. Keep an eye out for the next one. Until the next time. Bye :-).