Chapter 26.

John's POV.

We left at the exact time Alpha Conan said we would. It would be a long run home.

We wouldn't get there until six in the morning. We slowly walk through the traps Alpha Conan had set up.

Careful not to set any of them off. I was riding on my fathers back. I'd rather be running as my wolf, but they refused to let me because my hand was still hurt.

It sucks, yes. However, we have to keep them in a good mood so they won't even think about turning around and going home.

We run for what seems like the longest time. No one talking, no one making a sound other then heavy breaths from running.

' I just wanted to let you know John. You did a good job talking to Alpha Conan. ' says my father over mind link.

I smile. ' Thanks dad. I learned from the best. ' I say.

I can practically feel him almost laughing it. Suddenly, everything stops.

Alpha Conan's wolf roars. We all sniff around. Rogues.

Crap, well I knew a clear, nice trip between pack was to good to be true.

I hope off my fathers wolf. The wolves from my pack get around me. ' Can I shift and help?' I ask.

' Not unless you're needed. ' says my father.

Then from the trees all around us burst forth a small pack of rogues. There were about 25 of them.

They charge us and a small fight begins. My father attacks one and sinks his huge teeth into its neck.

I can only watch. Then I hear snarling behind me. I turn and see there are seven more that appeared.

Crap. I'm not even as my wolf. I don't have time to shift as one jumps at me.

I do the only thing I can think of and grab it's mouth, forcing it closed.

It's snarling and almost managing to pry my hands apart as it tries to open its mouth.

I grip it even tighter as another one lunges forward. I use the wolf as something to hold onto and just as the other one makes it to me. I kick up with my foot.

It hit its face and the force of the kick sent him back a few steps. I move my hands and twist the rogues head.

I throw myself to the ground and when I do, the loud sickening sound of the rogues neck snapping happens and the rogue goes limp in my arms.

I let go and scramble back to my feet just in time to fight another. Thank goodness for training, or I would never had been able to do that.

I run at them and at the last second, I dive to the right and slam my foot into the knee of the rogues leg.

The bone crushed under the force of my foot and a yelp came from the rogue as it tumbled to the ground.

One tackled me and I slammed into the ground on my back.

I try to keep its head from eating mine. Then my father tackles it off me.

I then freeze. A very strong feeling happens. It's as if I'm being pulled towards it.

I look around. It's as if the fight around me isn't happening anymore and all I sense is a strong pull.

I start walking aimlessly towards the woods. Rogues and others fighting.

' John what are you doing?!!' Yelled my father.

I couldn't answer him. I barely heard him. This is the feeling I've been feeling so many times.

Only it's never been this strong before. There at the woods I see it.

A small brown wolf staring at me. Staying away from the fight.

I then take off running towards it. It takes off running. I shift Ito my wolf. Ripping the bandage on my arm.

I run fast after it. It was smaller then Amber's wolf. I run faster through the woods.

Not caring about the horrible pain from my paw. It doesn't matter to me now. I have to catch this wolf.

I'm running faster and catching up to it. It turns and makes its first mistake. I tackled it and we go rolling.

I finally pin the wolf down. I force my thoughts into its mind. ' Shift now!! ' I order.

It shifts back seconds later. There underneath my wolf laid a beautiful girl with strawberry blond hair.

She looked around 16. She also looked like she had seen a lot. I'm 18, so I'm not much older then her if she is 16. She's in shorts and tank top.

She looks at me. I shift back and keep her pinned. I then look and we lock eyes.

The strongest pull happens and our touch starts sending tingles through my skin.

She looks a lot less panicked now.   " Mate." We both say.

I then hear loud growling. I look and around us were three rogues.

I snarl furiously and my stance above her turned protective. I didn't even notice her smiling under me.

I'm not pinning her anymore and I shift yet again and loud growls rip from my throat.

Just before they can attack, my father, Alpha Conan and the two Bête's that were with us tackle them and take them out.

I stay over her and shift back. I look at her and see she's laughing. " Protective already. Now aren't you cute. " she says. I chuckle.

" Sorry, can't help it. " I say.

" Don't be sorry. You're cute. " she says.

" There's a rogue left. Why haven't you killed her?" Says Bête Marcus.

I growl. " Because that's his mate. " says Alpha Conan.

They all had shifted back. I look at her. " If I get up. You won't run off right?" I ask.

" Not really. I'm a rogue. I don't really have a pack to go to. " she says.

I stand and offer her my hand. " You do now. " I say.

She took my hand and I pulled her to her feet. My dad is smiling at me.

" What's you're name?" She asks me.

" John. " I say.

She smirks. " Oh a cute name for a cute boy. Suits you. " she says.

I can hear my father try to stifle a small snicker. I roll my eyes at him and smile at her.

" What would you're name be?" I ask.

" I don't normally tell people my real name, so I normally go be a nickname. However, for you I'll make an exception. My real name is Amelia. " she says.

I smile. " Come on then. You two can ride on my wolf on the way back to the pack. Amelia. If you don't mind. He tore his bandages and made it bleed. Maybe you could wrap it up?" Says my father.

" Sure. I won't mind. " says Amelia.

We go back and they shift. Amelia and I get onto my fathers wolf.

She rode facing me though. While we ran she wrapped up my hand and smiled.

I can't believe I found my mate. I wasn't expecting her to be a rogue, but I'm glad I found her. She's perfect already.

I do find it a bit weird how she never fought about going to my pack when most rogues would throw a fit about going to a pack they don't know. It may be because of me and it may not.

I'll talk to her about tons of stuff later. For now I just want to enjoy my time with her as we run back to our pack.

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I will update again soon. The next two chapters will be in Connor's POV.