Chapter 13.

Connor's POV.

Ugh!! They are making this training so annoyingly difficult!!

Now, I know what you're thinking. An Alpha's son complaining about training being difficult.

Well whatever. I didn't train for over a year and I've never done anything this difficult, training wise at least.

Plus on top of everything, Kurt and John keep taunting me and even though I know it's part of this training, to strengthen me and make want to prove them wrong. I still hate it with a passion.

So here I am yet again, pinned to a tree. Only this times, I'm standing and I'm face first against it with John's wolfs paw on my back.

I growl in anger and bang my right fist against the bark of the tree.

' Almost had it that time. ' says Kurt over mind link as John removes his paw.

" Yeah, Almost!" I spat.

They suddenly run off and come back in their human forms.

" What are you doing?" I ask.

" You're getting angry. So we're taking and break, your going to cool off for a bit. Then we will resume training. " says John.

I only nod. I follow them till we're close to the pond.

We sit down. I'm still breathing heavy and my back stings from where John's nails hit.

" You're getting angry with training. Why?" Says John.

I sigh and look up at the sky for a moment, watching the clouds roll by.

" I'm not sure. I guess.... Uh I don't know how to answer that." I say.

I look at him. " Yes you do. It's because you can't make it passed us. You can't win because of you're desire to win." Says Kurt.

" What does that mean?" I say.

" Meaning, your trying to hard. You're so focused on trying to make it passed us and trying to win that you're forgetting the point of this training. " says John.

I look down. " Connor, the point of this training is to teach you to avoid enemies when chased and use the environment around you to you're advantage, all without needing to look back at your enemy. Your job is not to race us their and beat us like its a race. It's to avoid us and figure out how to take us out with what's around you." Says Kurt.

Crap, their right. I was so focused on beating them that I forgot the meaning to the training.

I really am out of it when it comes to training. " I know we're making this a bit hard on you." Says John.

At that I can't help, but to scoff. " A bit?!" I snap.

" Ok, so we're making harder then it has to be. For a reason though. " says John.

" You've never trained like this before, and yes, we're making it harder then normal, but that's cause you're an Alpha's son. We strive to be the best we can be, and you have the determination in you. I can see it. We're just trying to figure out a way to bring it out again." Says Kurt.

" Again?" I question, unable to help myself.

" When you were so determined to go save Amber. That was the protectiveness of you're wolf for your mate, and you're wolf is stronger then most because you're an Alpha's son. I want to see that same look in you're eyes. We're just trying to figure a way to bring it out again." Says John.