Chapter 56.

Amber's POV.

Matt is now in the shower. We are currently standing outside waiting for him.

I'm not a big fan of this pack. It took Matt about thirty minutes to gain full energy to go to take a shower.

These other wolves passing us every now and then look at us like we're a virus.

Connor and I are sitting on a couch close by. His head is on my shoulder and he is softly snoring.

I look over and him and smile. Connor needed sleep. I do too, but I don't trust this pack.

Soon Matt returns and all of us just sit back and wait. After about a hour Alpha George and my dad show back up.

Shockingly my dad looks ashamed. " Alpha Anthony will not be helping us with the pack war. " says Alpha George.

" Why?" I ask.

" He has other things he needs to take care of. " says Alpha George.

I nod. " So onto the next pack then. " I say.

He nods in reply. " Yes. After this pack we must head back to our pack and prepare ourselves for this pack war with the last days remaining until then. " says Alpha George.

Connor is awake now. I'm not sure when he woke, I just noticed he lifted his head off my shoulder.

" Which pack are we going to next?" Asked Connor.

" Her name is Alpha Grace. " says Alpha George.

Our eyes went wide in shock. " Her!!" We asked.

He laughed. " Don't seem so surprised. She is a female Alpha who runs a pack for the abused and rejected. She herself was abused by her mate and she finally rejected him and ran. She came up with her own pack for those who have faced the same thing. " he said.

Our eyes were still wide, but we understood now. " Well, lets get going shall we. " says Alpha George. We nod and leave with him, none of us wanting to spend anymore time in this pack.

We thanked the head guard who helped us on our way out. Once we were outside we shifted and Matt got on Clair's back. We then took off for the borders and crossed into unmarked territory.

We made sure to keep our eyes out for rogues this time. Now that we know their close we don't want to risk bumping into the boss rogue.

I can feel Connors eyes on me while we run. I can always tell when he's staring at me.

Sometimes I can even read his thoughts through the bond if I try hard enough. I don't want to invade his own personal thoughts though, so I don't usually do it.

This pack isn't to far off. However, we stop halfway there for a break. ' Rest everyone. We have a long journey ahead of us back home after this. We need a nights sleep. I'll keep first watch. ' says Alpha George over mind link.

We nod and do just that. We all lay down and put Matt and Clair in between us, so we can fully protect Matt.

I close my eyes and drift off to sleep.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Everything is black. I don't know where I am, it's like I'm staring into space only there are no stars.

It's just pitch black and weightless. I try yelling for help, but my voice won't work. It's like my body can follow simple commands.

I start to feel tingles in my arm. The one that had the wolf bane in it. They tickle at first, but slowly increasing to the searing pain I had felt when it spread through my body.

I don't understand this. Why am I feeling like this? I hear someone screaming my name.

Connor!! Somethings horribly wrong. I can't move my body to go find him.

I try to use my voice again, but all that comes out is a pain filled groan. The burning slowly increases all along my body.

I start to whimper at it. My breathing picks up as I struggle to move my body and find someway of making this stop.

I then hear crying, no not crying, full on sobbing. The voice is Connor's though. Why is he crying though?

I want to comfort him, let him know everything's going to be alright.

" I told you... I-I'd get my.... revenge. " stuttered another  voice that I can't place.

I feel like fire has engulfed my body and I shriek in pain, or try to, my voice still won't work.

" I'm so sorry... I failed you." Cried my mates voice.

Then I'm consumed by pain and everything else fades away.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

I wake with a gasp. The pain from the dream fading as quickly as it came.

What the heck was that?! Aloha George is the only one awake and he's looking at me.

" Bad dream." I say before he can say anything.

" I know. You were making noises in your sleep. I was just about to wake you. " he replied.

" Thank you Alpha. " I say.

He smiled and gives a small laugh. " No need to thank me Amber. I didn't do a thing. " he says.

I smile. " It's the thought that counts. " I say.

That gets a full laugh out of him. " Go back to sleep amber. We will be waking soon to finish our trip to Alpha Grace's pack. " he said.

I nod in reply and lay back down. He looks up at the stars and has a peaceful look across his face.

I feel at ease know everyone is sleeping peacefully and that my Alpha isn't worried right now. That helps me relax and just like that. I'm out like a light.

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. I hoped you enjoyed this chapter. I will be updating again real soon. I'm getting more and more ideas and it's only going to get better from here. Thank you to the ones who read, vote and comment on my story. It means a lot. The next chapter will be in Alpha Conan's POV.