Chapter 44.

Alpha Lucas's POV.

The first thing I realize when I wake is that there is no pain in my body. It confused me, I was attacked and injured. Shouldn't I feel something?

I slowly open my eyes and see my Bête and third in command looking at me. Then I look to the left and there's my beautiful mate, concern written on her face.

" What happened?" I say, mostly because I can't remember a lot of it, at least not yet.

" You don't remember yet. I think it's best we don't tell you until you remember. What we can tell you though is you were still as your wolf when we got you here. He had to give you something to change you back. That may be why you don't remember just yet." Says my Bête.

I nod, that would explain a lot. Since it was my wolf that received most of the damage it'll take a bit more for my wolf to show me the memories.

Then I remember Connor was with me. My eyes widen in panic. " Connor, is he ok? He's not injured is he?" I asked.

" No, he's perfectly fine. You kept him safe. " says my mate.

I sighed in relief. " Thank goodness. " I say. My wolf should be giving me the memories I need any minute.

Then I realize something. If I'm here, that means I got hurt when I was attacked, possibly fatal. So how am I alive?

As if on cue I can sense my wolf has recovered and seconds later the memories appear in my mind. As I go through then I can't believe what I'm seeing.

Everything was going horribly and I was almost dead when Connor was suddenly over me and said heal. Then his eyes glowed blue. He's a Blue Eyed Healer.

I look up at them to see hem staring at me with concerned looks. " I just recovered my memories. Where is Connor at currently?" I ask.

" They are telling the pack about us helping them with preventing their pack war." Says my mate.

I look at my Bête. " Send word to Connor. I want to see him the first chance I can. In private. "

He nods. " Yes Alpha. "

I slowly sit up then. My mate sits by me and places her right hand on my left shoulder. " How are you feeling?" She asks.

" I feel fine. Nothing hurts, not even a little ache. " I say.

" That's good. " she says. I nod, everything is still running wild through my mind.

I've never once encountered a Blue Eyed Healer, but I've heard about them. They are extraordinary wolves, always kind, always looking out for others even though they don't have to.

My mate looks at the others in the room. " Could you give us the room please?" She asks.

She may be the Luna, but she's always been so polite. She has never once ordered anyone to do anything unless it was an emergency. She always asks.

They nodded. " Yes Luna." They then turned and left.

She then looked at me. " Your not going to arrest Connor are you? " she asks.

My eyes widen at her question. " No, I could never do that. I owe that man my life. He didn't have to save me, but he did at the risk of exposing himself to us. I could never arrest him for doing what's right." I say. She smiled at me.

" I was hoping you'd say that. Connor is a nice young boy who is just beginning his real life. I wouldn't want us to be the ones to take that from him. " says my mate.

" Never. " I reply.

She giggles at me. " You must be so excited. It's been your dream ever since you were a young teen to meet a Blue Eyed Healer and now you have. " says my mate.

I smile at her. " It is rather exciting. I'm really glad he chose to show us his powers. I didn't see anything aside from a flash of blue in his eyes before I passed out. However, I believe he is still learning how to use his powers. " I say.

" How so?" Asks my mate.

" Connor is a bit shy around us. I doubt he had any chance to learn he had these powers while in the cell at his fathers pack prison. " I say.

" Your curious as to if anyone is training him how to use his powers. " she says.

I nod in response. " It was as if he ordered his powers to work. I remember him just saying the one word.  " Heal. " and then I can't remember anything else. "

She nods. " I believe you may be right then, but let's not jump to any big conclusions until we get the full story for Connor himself. " says my mate.

I nod. " Very well. " I say standing up. She stands with me and smiles.

" I'm proud of you though. For saving Connor at the risk of your own life even though he isn't part of your pack. " says my mate.

I smile lovingly at her. " I'm proud of the work he did to help me. I couldn't let him die from rogues anyway. He's just a kid, a young Alpha. He's got a wonderful mate and a life ahead of him. " I say.

She walks up and stands on his toes before planting a brief kiss on my lips. " Let's get to your office and wait for Connor. " she says.

" Yes ma'am. " I reply and with that the two of us leave in the direction of my office.

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. So sorry this chapters taken so long. I've just started collage and am very busy. I won't be updating frequently, but as often as I can. Thank you for your constant views, votes and comments. They mean a lot. Also tomorrow is a big day for me. I'm turning twenty years old. Woo lol. I'm not sure who's POV I'm going to be doing next. If you have one you want to see, let me know and I'll try it. I will update again as soon as I can. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.