Chapter 41.

Connor's POV.

As Amber and I walk into the dinning room to eat we see that the others were already there.

The three Alpha's were talking to each other. Amber and I pick our seats and sit down. Plates and bowls of eggs, bacon and fresh grits sat in front of us.

Empty plates at our seats. We help ourselves to the food that was provided. There was even some cheese and butter in case we wanted any.

We then started to listen to what the others were talking about. " Thank you for letting us stay the day to rest." Says Alpha George.

" Anytime. After the long run you all made to get here, it's only fair we offer you the chance to stay and rest. " says Alpha Lucas.

Alpha George smiled. " Is there anything we can help with around the pack?" Says Alpha Benjamin.

" Actually there is. If you all would, help my Béte announce to the pack about the war and answer any questions they might have. " says Alpha Lucas.

" Of course, but wouldn't you be there to help?" Says Alpha George.

" No, I'm doing a run around the perimeter of the pack and I was hoping Connor would care to join me. " he says looking at me.

My eyes widen. " Really, me?" I ask.

" I think that would be good. " says Alpha George.

" Yes. We've been having a few problems with rogues. We think we know where their hiding out. You can help me check to be sure." Says Alpha Lucas.

I nod. " Yes Sir. I would love to help. " I say.

He smiles. " Great. We will leave after we've finished eating. " says Alpha Lucas.

I nod. I feel a light squeeze on my leg just above the knee. I look at Amber. She's smiling at me. ' This sounds great for you.' She says over our private mind link.

' It truly does. This is a good way for me to get him to trust me more. I'm just more curious as to why he'd pick me to help and not Alpha George or Alpha Benjamin. ' I say back taking a bite of my food.

' I guess that question will be answered soon enough. ' says Amber.

Soon we finished eating. We all stand up and separate. I kiss Amber good bye before following Alpha Lucas to the backyard of the pack house.

" I bet your curious as to why I picked you over everyone else. " he says.

" I would be lying if I said I wasn't. " I say.

He smiles and opens the door letting me walk through first. " Your young. You haven't gotten the training you need. I understand you have Alpha George and Alpha Benjamin to help train you and you don't need me, but I was wondering if you'd let me teach you a few things. " he says.

My eyes widen a little. He looks at me. " When you were little, your father came to me. It was a regular business meeting between pack Alpha's, but it was the first time he brought you and your mother along. You were five and you probably don't remember. I offered to watch over you if you ever needed protection from anything at all. He turned me down of course, but your mother came to me in secret one night a few months after that and accepted my offer. Your father never knew. I saw you three more times after that. The last time you were ten. I had come over to your pack and saw you playing wth your friends. When I heard what you were arrested for, I knew it wasn't true. So I'm hoping you'll let me help train you a little. " says Alpha Lucas.

I manage a small smile. I knew I had met some of these Alpha's before. I just didn't know who they were because I was to young to remember.

" I'd be ok with that. " I say.

He grins. " Good. Let's get to work then. " he says.

" Wait, if we've met before, why did you act like you didn't know me when I arrived last night?" I asked.

He chuckled. " Figured it be better to act like that and hear your story before announcing that I knew you. " he says. I nod.

I then quickly go behind a tree in the woods and soon I had shifted and my clothes were in a pile behind the tree.

I caught up with Alpha Lucas before we took off into the woods. We make it to the perimeter of the packs territory.

We run as fast as we can. I remember doing this constantly wth my father. It was fun at times.

Most times it was boring, but necessary. We sometimes caught rogues and I got to watch as my dad took them down and interrogated a few of them.

It's never really different in other pack. Aside from the packs that kill rogues on site, and the occasional one that kills intruders on site as well.

We run for a while before Alpha Lucas slows down. He looks at me and I know I have to be extra quiet.

Sure enough, seconds later we hear what could only be rogues. We creep forward into the trees and there camping together are about ten huge rogues.

Shifted already. Alpha Lucas growled softly, but not loud enough to be heard by them.

I look closer. There on the ground is slip of paper. Names written down. ' When these rogue attack, they kill our human members if the pack. That must be their kill list. ' says Alpha Lucas through mind link.

' So do we wait for others to capture them or do we have to kill the rogues?' I ask.

' Hopefully not kill. If they attack us though. We won't have a choice. ' says Alpha Lucas.

I don't respond, because seconds later after he says that we hear tons of snarls from behind us.

We look and there are about twenty more huge rogues one in human form.

" Hello Alpha. Don't even try calling for help. They won't get here in time. " says the rogue.

They all huff at that. The guy jus smirks. We completely surrounded now. No way out. Crap, this is bad.

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guy. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I haven't decided who's point of View to do next. So let me know if there's one you want to see. I will update again soon. :-).