Chapter 65.

John's POV.

I'm talking to my father. We're talking with the other Alpha's. I found out what happened between my father and Alpha Grace.

I couldn't believe that he was over powered like that. It was insane to think of that.

Alpha George was talking to her. He no longer had the most power in the room. Knowing him though, he would throw himself in front of anyone trying to protect him pack.

He will always be called an Alpha. " Your sure Kurt can handle talking to Alpha Conan tomorrow? " asks Alpha Grace.

" I'm positive. I know he's ready. I wouldn't have made him Alpha otherwise. " says Alpha George.

Alpha Grace nods at him. She's pretty cool. I look at my father. He looks like he wants to say something, but not in front of her.

Alpha George walked by and led my father off to the side and started to talk to him.

" Hello John. I'm Alpha Grace. " she said sticking her hand out.

I shake her hand. " It's a pleasure to meet you. " I said.

She smiled. " Your a lot like your father. In looks and the way you act. " says Alpha Grace.

" I sure hope that's not a bad thing. " I say.

She laughs at that. " Your funny kid. " she said.

I smile back at her. " So your the Bète's son. I haven't met you fully yet. I'm Alpha Lucas. " says Alpha Lucas sticking his hand out as well.

I shake his hand as well. " Pleasure to meet you as well Sir. " I say.

" I'm Alpha Ronan. You look and act like a Bète already. " says Alpha Ronan sticking his hand out for me to shake as well.

I shake his hand also. " Thank you Sir. I've been trained by my father since I was 14. He wanted to make sure I was ready for any challenge being a Bète night bring. " I say.

" Well he's done a marvelous job at that. " says Alpha Grace.

I smile at her and bow my head on respect to the three Alpha's in front of me. " Thank you very much. " I say.

" What happened to your hand? " she suddenly asks.

They all look at my left hand that had gotten hurt from Alpha Conan's pack security.

It was mostly healed by just hand some big scans where the silver tips of the bear trap went into my hand.

" We went to visit Alpha Conan to try and talk this through. He had silver bear traps around his pack borders buried in leaves and I stepped on one. " I said.

She held out her hand. " May I see?" She asks.

I nod and offer my hand to her. She gently takes it and looks over it. She winced in sympathy.

" That must have hurt. Are you going to be able to fight tomorrow? " she asks.

" I'm sure I'll be able to. It only hurts a little bit when I put my wrist a certain way. I can fight though. " I say.

She smiled. " A fighting spirit. I like it. Stay around me tomorrow. I want to keep my eye on you. Even if you don't need me. I'll be there to help you. " she said.

I'm liking her more and more. " Thank you Alpha Grace. " I say. I am not going to object to her offer. I may need help and she's a powerful Alpha.

" Any time. Do you have a mate?" She asks.

The others are smiling. " Yes I do. I found her on the way back from Alpha Conan's pack. She is a rogue, but now she's a member of the pack. " I say.

She nods and lets go of my hand. " Well she is a very lucky girl. " she says.

She backs up a step. " Your going to be an amazing Bète. " she says.

That means a lot to me. " I agree. " says Alpha Lucas.

" I do too. Your showing maturity that some grown Bète's don't posses. Your father has done an amazing job with your training. " says Alpha Ronan.

" Thank you very much Sir. " I say.

They smile at me. " Well I was right. You'd hit it off with them right away. " Says my father.

I look and he's standing right behind me with Alpha George and Alpha Benjamin looking at me.

" You did very well raising your son Bète Rick. " says Alpha Grace.

He bows his head in respect to her. " Thank you Alpha Grace. I'm very proud of him. " he says.

" As you should be. " says Alpha Ronan.

" He almost seems ready to become Bète. " says Alpha Lucas.

" I've thought about it, but I'm going to let him decide if he wants to take the position of Bète. " says my father.

He looks at me. " Well son, do you want to become Bète?" He asks.

I think for a second. I want to take the position. It would be a honor, but something in the back of my mind is telling me not to take it just yet. I feel ready, but I also feel like something major is going to happen.

" As much of a honor as it would be, I will have to decline your offer. " I say.

That shocks everyone. " What? Your ready for this. Why say no?" Says Alpha Grace.

" I feel ready for the job, but my instinct is telling me not to take it. It's like my wolf is sensing something and is telling me no. " I say.

They all nod. " we all can understand that son. Very good following your wolfs instinct. " says my father.

I nod. " Thank you for the offer father. " I say.

He smiles warmly at me. " You make me proud no matter what you may choose. " he said.

So this day keeps getting better. I hope my wolf was right and I didn't pass this up for nothing. We have our wolves for a reason though and it would be stupid not to trust their instincts though.

The pack dinner is in a hour. My father and I need to head home and spend this last hour with our family. We dismiss ourselves and finally start making our way to our house.

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I will update again soon. Next chapter will be in Amber's POV. Until then. :-)