Chapter 74.

Connor's POV.

I can't believe how good being free feels. After I talked with my father I went to the pack house.

Amber followed me. We walked into one of the side room. I knew she wanted to talk to me.

When we made it there and the door closes, she then tackles me in a huge hug. A squeal of joy leaves her.

" Your free. Connor your free. " she cried.

I laugh and hug her back just as tightly. I pick her up and spin her around. She starts laughing.

" Man, you have no idea how good it feels to be free Amber. Thank you so much for your help. I couldn't have done this without you. I love you so much. " I cry.

She laughs again. " I'll always be here for you Connor. No matter what. You would have done the same for me. " says Amber.

" Heck yeah I would have. " I say.

" Now all we got to do is track down Fenris and take him down and we can love our lives free from everything. " says Amber.

" We can do that on our own time. Tonight is for celebrating. " I say.

" Heck yeah it is. We're having a pack dinner. One like we did the night before. " says Amber.

" Only this one won't be interrupted. " I say.

" Nope. It'll be perfect. " says Amber.

I grin at her and we still. Just the two of us, wrapped in each other's arms. Nothing to fear, no one to bother us. This is. After then anything I could have asked for.

I still can't believe I've made up with my father. " I know. Weird to think you two made up. I think it's sweet that you healed him Connor. He didn't deserve for you to do that, but you did it anyway. That just shows how big your heart it. " says Amber.

" My mother would have done it. " I say.

" If She were here today she would be so proud of her son. I know I'm proud of you. " says Amber.

I kiss her then. She makes herself stand taller and deepens the kiss further. We break apart grinning and laughing.

After a few minutes we leave the room, only to come face to face with Clayton and Tasha.

Tasha grins and hugs me. " Congrats man. Just heard from the Alpha that your free. I just made up with my dad. " says Clayton.

" That's great Clayton. I'm happy for you, and yes I am free. Made up somewhat with my father. " I say.

He looks shocked and Tasha does too when she backs up to him. " You made up with him. After everything he did to you. Why?" Asks Tasha.

I explain the entire situation and their eyes widen further. " That's why he went from strict Alpha to cruel Alpha. Good job healing him Connor. " says Clayton.

" Thanks. It made more sense once I got the full story. He believes me now. That's all I ever wanted. Things will never be as they once were, but I think this all happened for the better. I made so many good friends and found my mate. " I say.

" I think that deserves a high five. " says Clayton raising his hand. Classic Clayton. I laugh and clap my hand to his. A few seconds later he's hugging me.

" Love ya buddy. " he mumbles into my shirt. I start laughing and hug him back. " Love you too buddy. " I say.

We then head out of the pack house and into the grass. A few seconds later John and Amelia walk over and ask to sit with us. We allow them to and that they do.

We just sit there and talk for a while. They were telling me stories about the pack war.

" You should have seen it. This one wolf almost bit John in the neck, but then Alpha grace ran in front of him and protected him. She was awesome. I think she's got a soft spot for John. " says Amelia.

We start laughing at that. " She said to stay close with Amelia and she would protect us if we needed it. I didn't know she was completely serious until the time came and we needed help. I'll never doubt her again. " says John.

I smirk. Amber starts telling them about everything that happened with us.

I then look over to the pack prison and see everyone emerge from it. Including my father.

He looks over at me and nods in acknowledgment. I nod back. Amber's father is talking to him. Looks like the two friends are getting along just fine.

Kurt and Cassandra break off from the group and head over to us. They sit down and smile at us.

" Your father is free to go. No use to keep him locked up when he didn't kill anyone. " says Kurt.

" So he's leaving?" I ask.

" No, not yet anyway. Bète Rick and Bète Marcus are taking him to the infirmary to get his wrists checked out from the silver cuffs. He has been invited to join us for dinner tonight, he has accepted. Only so he can make a public apology to the pack for all the trouble he put us through. " says Kurt.

" Ah gotcha. " I say. They nod.

" So how's it feel to be free?" Says Cassandra looking at me with a knowing smile.

I laugh. " Better then I could have ever imagined. I love it. " I say.

" Good. Let's keep it this way. " says Kurt.

" Agreed. " says Amber.

" I second that." Says Clayton.

They all chime in and we all just end up laughing at it. This is what I wanted for so long and now I finally have it.

Loving and caring friend and my further Luna. She's going to be so amazing at her job. I can't wait to take over as Alpha. I don't feel ready, but only time will tell.

We just keep sitting there and talking until hours have gone by and it's finally time to head inside for our celebration feast with the pack.

We then get up and head inside to join everybody.

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. There is one chapter left in this story before I start the next book. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I will hopefully updates again soon. Until then. :-)