Chapter 10.

Connor's POV.

I wake to Ambers fear filled scream. I sit straight up and look for her.

She's next to me on the bed. Tossing and turning, tears rolling down her face.

In seconds the door opens and her family was there.

I was shaking her awake. " Amber, Amber Shh. It's ok. Wake up." I say.

She wakes up with a scream and looks around. Her eyes wide and filled with terror.

Once she sees me her arms are around me and she's crying into my neck. I hug her tight to me and nod to her family.

They nod back, all knowing I'll handle everything from here. They back away. John closes the door behind them.

" Shh. It's ok Amber. I got you. " I say.

The next thing I know, she's grabbed the sides of my face with both hands and her lips were pressed hard against mine.

It shocks me a bit, but I know she needs comfort, so I kiss back.

My hands go around her back and to cradle the back of her head.

She moved to where she's straddling me. She places her hands on my shoulders and breaks the kiss after a few seconds.

Her forehead pressed against mine. Tears spilling down her face. I- I just needed to make sure this is real. " she whispered.

I lean my head back to look into her eyes. " I'm real. Baby please, tell me what that dream was?" I say.

" It was the day you saved me from the boss rogue. That day I saw the entire fight between you and the boss rogue, up until the point he was about to stab you with the silver dagger. I wasn't aware of anything after that. In my dream I was helpless to help you. I had to lay there and watch as he sunk that dagger into your heart. I had to watch you die. I- I couldn't do anything and I...." She says, a sob left her mouth. The panic was rising in her voice with every word she spoke. She was panicking.

I lean up and kiss her to quiet her down. " I understand that's scary. I felt the same thing when you almost died before my eyes. It was terrible, but we made it through that. I'm ok. Your ok. I won't ever let anything hurt you. I will always take care of you." I say.

" If you take care of me, who will take care of you?" She asks. A few tears still running down her face.

I smile. " You of course. You take care of me without even realizing you are. Your all I need Amber. Ok. I'm here. " I say.

She nods. I sigh. She's still crying. I lift my hand and wipe away the tears.

" Baby, please don't cry?!" I beg.

She chuckled. " Just kiss me you idiot." She says.

I laugh before turning us over to where I'm over her now.

Her head rests gently on the pillow. Her beautiful eyes stare deep into mine as I slowly lean down.

I close my eyes and slowly connect my lips with hers in a soft, sweet kiss. Allowing the sparks of the bond to spread throughout us both.

I remember the first time we kissed. I was so nervous to cause I had never kissed anyone before, but the moment was so perfect. I couldn't help myself.

It was so worth it though. The sparks, the joy of the kiss. They were amazing.

Then the look on her face. Totally worth it.

I feel her right hand get tangled in my hair and her left hand go to the back of my neck, closer to my shoulder and back.

She pulled me closer, deepening the kiss. We soon break away to catch our breath.

I sniff. " Mmmm. Your scent still smells so good. I know I should be used to it by now, but your scent is so amazing I don't want to be used to it. It's amazing. " I say.

" Your always so sweet Connor. I don't know how I was so lucky to get a man like you for my mate. I'm so lucky I have you though. " says Amber.

I grin. Her hands move and I feel them pulling at the hem of my shirt.

I smile more at her. " If you wanted me to take my shirt off so bad, all you had to do was ask." I say.

She laughed and pulls up on the shirt. I allow her to pull it off of me.

Her eyes finally look away from mine and I see her eyes look at my muscles.

She ran her right hand over my chest. Feeling the muscles.

She then leaned forward and kissed my collar bone.

Tingles spread. Her lips barely touched my collar bones. I couldn't help it. I gasped.

She smiled and leaned back up and kissed my lips. I didn't hesitate to kiss back of course.

Then she yawned. In the middle of the kiss. I started laughing.

" Looks like someone's sleepy." I say.

She huffs. " Oh shut up." She says.

" Let's sleep and we can continue this later." I say tapping her nose.

She nods. I move to the side and lay down. She moved over and lays her head on my chest.

I put my arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer to me. " You know I'll always protect you right?" I say.

She nods. " Then you have absolutely nothing to be scared of. Your safety means more to me then my own." I say.

" Fine." She says.

" Plus, your family protects me now that they know the truth. I'll be safe. Nothing will happen to me and nothing will happen to you. I promise. Ok." I say.

She smiles and nods. " Good. Now lay down and go to sleep. I'll be right here when you wake up. " I say.

" Get me up before you leave. I want to make sure your still here even though I know you will be. " says Amber.

I nod. " Whatever you say baby." I say.

With that we both lay down and together we fall asleep. Her hugged tight to me.

I swear I will never ever let anything happen to her again. I will always protect her no matter what it takes, and with that last thought. I close my eyes and finally drift off into sleep.

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. I hope you enjoyed this one. I haven't decided who's POV to do the next chapter in. I'm open to suggestions. I'll try not to take so long till I update the next chapter. :-).