SCREWED

'Breathe damn it', I muttered aggressively as I furiously press my hands to the guy's chest who I had pulled out from the sea.

'One, two, three' I counted the number of times I had hammered down on his chest.

With one last slam, the boy coughed and spluttered out water and opened his eyes lazily. Then he coughed again and tried to sit up.

'Hey, you should stay still for now, you almost drowned'. I said, trying to help him. His eyes suddenly found focus and set their green laser beam on me. 'Who are you?' he asked accusingly.

'The guy who just saved you from drowning' I said, amused at his sudden remembrance of what had happened.

'Uhmm thank you dude but I got to go', he said getting up. I hold him down.

'Shouldn't you see a doctor or something?' I asked the boy who was looking around taking in his environment.

'Nah, it's all good, what's your name again?' he asked without even looking at me.

'David, David Wellis' I said slowly 'and you are?' I asked suspiciously because I knew every family who lived on this island but with the blond hair and green eyes, he surely didn't come from around here.

'What is wrong with people from this island, you mean you don't also know who I am?' I shrugged my shoulders.

'Not a clue'.

'Ever heard of Marshal Collins before?' Marshal asked.

'You mean the funny blondie who just jumps around on TV with the excuse that he's performing?'

Now the boy's green looked furious 'I don't look funny on stage, people love me and scream my name, what is wrong with you people?' he said raising the pitch of his voice a little higher.

David looked at this boy-man; dripping with water mixed with sand, his hair scattered, his face furious and concluded he was the most childish person he had ever seen.

'Relax, I was only kidding... so you are Marshal Collins, pleasure meeting you', I said smiling.

'Whatever' he huffed. 'Look, I have to go now, I have to be somewhere, I'm sure I'll be skinned alive when they see me...so I'll see you around'.

He turned and started walking away, then he stopped and turned fidgeting with his fingers

'Uhmm, David, would you mind leading me back to Preston hotel? I've sort of forgotten where I came from'.

With a smile, I nodded and Marshal said smiling 'okay then, lead the way'.

                                                                           *************

'Marshal Francisco Collins, where on earth have you been?!! Margaret shouted at the top of her lungs.

Marshal thought she looked like one of those cartoons that showed bulls breathing from their noses when they were angry but this was no cartoon and he was in big trouble.

'Relax, I just went for a walk Maggie' he said trying to brush it off. 'A WALK!!' she screamed, what if something had happened to you?'

'well, I'm safe right? I'm really sorry I just thought I should see the town a little and I even made a new friend' he said turning to look at David.

'This is Wellis' said Marshal.

'Uhmm good evening' I said slowly. but Maggie was in the mood for a hug not a greeting.

'How are you? thank you for bringing him home before he hurt himself. By the way, why are you soaking wet Marshal?'

'Err a car splashed water on me?' I stifled a chuckle at Marshal's response.