NEVER SEEN A GIRL BEFORE?

Enjoy!!

'You want me to come along?' Ana's eyes widened in surprise.

'Yea, with you there with me, I'll feel comfortable and at least a part of home will be with me' Wellis tried to explain.

'Why not ask your mom? she might like the idea'.

'You know my mom will never leave dad, it's almost like he has her in a trance'.

'I guess that's what love does to someone'.

'Love sucks then'.

No, it doesn't' Ana said, playfully punching him.

'Whatever you say, so are you coming with me?' Ana looked away from him to face the sea. The early morning breeze had blown her all over her face, making her face partly concealed.

'You know I can't Wellis, my dad needs me, we have to pay the bills and the shop is the only option, so I have to stay'.

Wellis could see her eyes water with unshed eyes.

'I know...your dad would want you to go'

She turned to look at him, 'it's impossible David, but I want you to go... this is your one chance, even if you love Clinetower. You can always come back and you know I'll be right here'. She quickly looked forward again as the tears finally fell.

***********
To remain or to go
Thoughts drizzling down
My brain, beckoning me
Forcing me to make a cold decision
Remaining, I would never see you suffer
I would see your face light up when you eat a slice of pizza
When you hug me tightly
Making you see mom in me
Going; I could see the world, be free
Free to find happiness and love
Find a new purpose
Live a good life....

Ana hands moved furiously on the piece of paper, tears slowly dripping from my eyes. She didn't know the reason she was crying; if it was because she would miss her best friend or if because she knew deep down, she would never get this opportunity again. She would be stuck in ClineTower, get married to probably a fisherman and live life out here.

She didn't realize her dad had come in until he took the pen from her hands.

'The paper could tear from how wet it is'

'Oh, dad am not crying, someone got stuck in my eyes'

'Tell that to a blind man, now tell me what's wrong and don't lie to me'. He put his hands on her cheeks and lifted her face towards him.

Ana looked at her father and knew she had no choice but to say the truth. She opened her mouth and the words flowed.

************
'Am leaving mom'. The room was so silent, I could feel every heartbeat and it was racing. My mom looked like she had just received a sucker punch.

'Mom come with me, you could have a better life there, and you won't have to work this hard.'

My mom smiled sadly, 'I can't my Babyboy, and my place is with your father. You may not have the best impression of him but he is a really good person.'.

'Come on mom, he drinks himself to stupor. He's been like that since I could talk! you can't possibly want to stay with him. We don't even know where he is right now'

'Stop speaking like that about your father!' Hannah ignited with fire and anger.

'Marriage is forever son, I made my decision when I married him and I can't back out now, it's too late'

I turned around in disappointment. I could not believe how my mom would want to remain in such a marriage. Then I heard her speak.

'I want you to go son, you deserve a better life. My decision isn't yours, just come home once in a while to see me and eat my pancakes.' Tears filled my eyes.

I turned and hugged her tightly.

'I love you mom, I will always love you wherever I go.'

'I love you too, my Babyboy'.

I turned and called Mr. Stones.

'You have reached Mr. Stones'

'Am coming with you'

'Good, I pick you tomorrow by 7 in the morning be ready'. After hanging up, I texted Ana about my trip tomorrow, I thought of my dad and decided he didn't need to know.

*************
Nights in Clinetower were always so short. I always wanted it to last forever. Mom called me "Colonel Sleep" many times. However, this night didn't seem to want to end. I felt a mixture of excitement and fear which added to my newly acquired insomnia.

By 5am, I finally got up. I had packed my bags the previous night, so I just took a shower and brushed. I never thought this day would come, I was leaving ClineTower.

By exactly 6:59, I heard the first sounds of a helicopter landing right outside my house. My mom stood next to me, holding pancakes she had made for the trip.

'Take care of yourself, make me proud'. She hugged me tightly, almost too tight. I felt the air start to leave my lungs before she released me.

'I'll be back soon, mom'.

I opened the door to see Mr. Stones standing outside the helicopter with his cigar hanging between his lips. It looked bigger this morning.

'You ready?'

'Yea'

Mr. Stones moved to take my luggage but suddenly stopped looking my direction puzzled.

'What?' I asked him confused.

'Who's that thing?' I realized he was looking behind me so I turned back.

There stood Ana in the manliest clothes I had seen her put on.

She looked directly at Mr. Stones.

'What? Never seen a girl before?' turning to me, she looked at me with a brow raised.

'Where did you think you were going without me?' I finally saw her packed gigantic luggage behind her.

Smiling, I said, 'I would never dream of going anywhere without you'

UMESI_JNR