BROKEN

We are #238 on the rankings. It's been an honor knowing all my wonderful readers!

Special thanks to chiru37 for helping with the editing.

Also want to thank SZJAY_o1 for giving my book a chance.  😁

Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Don't forget to vote if you like the chapter. Commenting also will be awesome.

Enjoy

The sounds of people screaming their heads off flustered into the room where Ana sat. She was not alone however as three other crew members sat, trying to compose a new song. It however was proving quite unfruitful so far.

‘This is hopeless’ a girl next to Ana said dropping her pen and stretching on her arms and legs. Ana vaguely remember her mention that her name was Sophia. Ana thought she was pretty- her long full legs supporting an equally balanced body. However, her concentration life-span seemed to be lacking.

‘Alright, everyone take 15!’ shouted the leader who was a short man with a slightly protruding belly. Ana was definitely enjoying the experience so far. Packing up, she headed for the door. Looking up, she saw Barry holding two bags up for her.

‘Do you by any chance love donuts?’

Her face lit up as the smell filled her nostrils.

‘Love them’

‘Good because I bought like five. Figured you would like to eat something when you were done’

‘That’s so sweet of you’ she said looking at him with soft adoration in her eyes.

Let’s go somewhere to talk if you’re interested?’ he said a bit of doubt flickering in his eyes.

‘Sure, I want to talk to you too’

Just then, Stacy walked into the room, her eyes roving until it found Ana. She started walking towards looking a bit unsure of herself.

‘Hey Stacy, how’s it going?’

‘Hi’ she said glancing at Barry coolly before looking back to Ana.

‘Wellis and I are going to step out for a bit’ she said suddenly short of breath.

‘Step out? Where are you guys heading?’

‘Oh, we just have to go somewhere you know’ she said moving her feet back and forth.

‘Oh, can I come?’ Ana asked with a smile on her face.

‘No! I mean oh no don’t worry. Besides your crew needs you. Just keep an eye on Marshal for me, he’s about getting back on stage for the closing song.’

‘Sure will do captain’

‘Thanks’ Stacy said before turning to look at Barry.

‘Hello Barry, good to see you’ she turned and started walking away.

‘Enjoy your date!’ Ana said smirking. Stacy didn’t even bother turning for fear they would see the large grin on her face.

‘You think she likes him?’ Barry asked chuckling.

‘I can bet my life she does’ Ana said smiling.
‘So Ana, do you love someone’

‘I thought we were still in the “like” stage here’ Ana asked.

‘Do you think there’s a difference between the two expressions?’

‘Yeah’ she said.

‘What?’ he said turning to face her, looking a little intrigued.

‘Well when you love someone, it’s a different feeling. You want to see the person happy. You feel comfortable with the person. It’s not just a spark that fades. There’s no doubt in your mind, no side attraction’

Barry eyes softened as she kept talking.
‘Being in love is playing in the rain. Its hearing the other person snore and chuckling at the sound. Its feeling mad at that person but having the itch to see the person even though your heart denies it. That’s love and unfortunately that’s not the same thing with the other expression "like" '

Still staring at her, Barry eyes shone like the bright clear full moon and his lips descended on Ana’s lips to the utter shock of Anastasia Caulkins.

                     *********************
Marshal slowly finished his last song and you could feel the love resonate from the crowd to him. He hit the mic slightly to get the crowd’s attention. The crows slowly calmed down as they realized Marshal had something to tell them.

Hello amazing beautiful people! It’s amazing to see you guys here. I’m overwhelmed by your presence.”

The crowds went wild again. Marshal raised a hand to calm down.

That’s why you will be the first to know this. I know I’ve played around a lot, you know. I’ve been a bit childish and that has cost me a lot” his voice trembled as he spoke and the crowd was silent. You could hear a pin fall.

“That childishness stops, right here right now because it’s costing me something very important to me. It’s costing me the woman of my dreams”

The crowd gasped as they heard this and then went absolutely wild in support of their legend.

I love her so much and I need her. I need you to make her come on stage”

The cries started.

‘Tell us her name!’ the crowd sang doing the Mexican clap.

“She’s Anastasia Caulkins, I call her Ana”

The crowd went wild again and started singing again. Marshal couldn’t get what they were saying at first. Then he heard it.

“We want to see her”

He smiled and then shouted into the microphone.

“Please can you show us Anastasia?”

The screen went dull and Marshal closed his eyes smiling enjoying wild cheers again but the crowd was silent. He opened his eyes to know what was wrong.

He looked at the crowd and he saw shock in their eyes. Some covered their mouths. Others just stood confused.

They were all looking at the screen. Marshal slowly turned and looked up.

There was the “woman of his dreams” kissing Barry Adam like her whole life depended on it.

Well,  this is so sad.

Well shit happens right?

Umesi_jnr