TICK-TOCK

Hey there,  people!

It's 40 chapters now... Never thought I would write this much

Vote if you like the chapter

Comment if you feel like it

Share if you absolutely love Clinetower!

Enjoy

‘Are you ready?’ the man asked Marshal in a flawless rich British accent. Marshal look at him as if he had grown two heads in a minute.

‘Ready? I was born for this’ he said shaking his head to show his level of amusement.

‘Oh’ the man just said before the screams from outside drowned out his voice and the crowd started to sing one of Marshal’s song.

‘Look at that’ marshal chuckled. ‘They love me already’

The man just rolled his eyes as marshal climbed up towards the stage to meet his adoring fans.

Stacy just looked on, timing marshal’s songs. Finally it was over.

Thank God, she thought. However the fans were still screaming as he took a bow. You could see girls trying to touch him, even his feet. It seemed if they did, they might never wash that hand used. It was a good thing they didn’t succeed then, she chuckled to herself.

Looking sideways, she saw David looking bored, with hands in his denim trousers.

‘Bored already?’

‘Yep, it’s never gets old though’

‘What?’

‘The fact that the girls always do this to him’

She shrugged her shoulders ‘He’s a superstar. I guess they really just adore him’

‘You don’t think its strange then?’

‘Nope’

‘I take it then you also adore someone’

She smiled ‘totally’

Wellis groaned.

‘And here I was, thinking you were different’

‘Adam Levine is different’ she snickered, smiling even more.

‘Yeah right, his voice is different, not him’
She looked at him ‘you certainly need to pay attention to your music’

‘Really?’

‘Yep’

‘I think that’s the opposite’

‘Flatter yourself’ she said turning to face him
‘I think it’s pretty clear who the flatterer is here’

She turned to him and gave him a whole smile, one Wellis hadn’t seen before.

‘We’ll just see about that’

‘How about you tell me all about your “brand” of music over hot chili chicken at Nandos? heard they are really good here at London’

Stacy raised an eyebrow.

‘Are you asking me out on a date Mr. Wellis?’

‘Is that what I’m doing? Cause I had no idea’

‘What if I say no?’

‘Well if you do, you are as good as admitting you are the flatterer plus do you really want to miss out on all that Mexican cooking?’ he asked licking his lips.

‘Hmm, let me think about it’

‘Well, you have 30 seconds because I plan on escaping from all this’ he said using his hands to signify the concert stage.’

‘Did you just dare give me a deadline?’

‘Yes, I did Stacy and your time is ticking. Tick-tock’

‘What a way to ask a lady out on your first date’

‘Never said anything about being a gentleman’

She chuckled. ‘Where exactly is this Nandos located?’

Wellis smiled. ‘I thought you would never ask’
                             ***************
Adam knocked on the door of the library but got no reply. Knocked again with the same result. He quietly stepped away from the door and headed for the camera room.

Sitting down, he looked into the library and saw Mr. Stones sprawled out on the floor liquid spilling from his lips.

Adams couldn’t hardly contain his excitement. He quickly stood up and exited the room. Getting to the kitchen, he found the longest knife he could find. He had to cut off his hands as evidence of his death.

Oh how Mrs. Rossi would reward him he thought to himself as he got to the library.

Picking the lock and heaving a sigh of relief when he heard the door click open, he pushed it open to see Mr. Stones lying on the door, eyes wide opened and the cup of tea spilled on the floor.

He took a good look at Mr. Stones.

‘The great Stones killed by a mere butler, what a way to die’ he said giggling, then laughing loudly still his eyes watered and his face turned red.

‘Now to collect my prize’ he said possessing an evil smirk.

A faint whisper sizzled the air and Adam let out a scream and fell to the ground, his leg dripping with blood as Mr. Stones stood up from the ground.

Picking up a napkin from his table, he cleaned his lips.

‘Now that was really gross all that foam on one’s mouth don’t you think so Mr. Adam?’
Adam just grunted in pain and looked up at Mr. Stones with fear in his eyes.

‘To think I was about to die from the works of your piteous brain disgusts me’ stones stated, the rage starting to show in his eyes.

Adam started to crawl on the rug, trying to head to the open door of the library much to the delight and amusement of Mr. Stones who just sat down smoking a cigar.

He was almost there, he could see the door handle when another whisper sizzled into the clear air and yet another scream from Mr. Adam as another bullet was fired into the other leg. The trail of blood from both legs could be seen on the rug and the fear in Adam’s eyes had doubled ten-fold.

Stones stood up and walked slowly towards Adam. Grabbing him by the injured leg, he dragged him back to where he was originally amidst the totally uncontrolled screams of Adam.

Mr. Stones bent down to look at Adam in his eyes.

‘I know who sent you’ he said with a smirk.

‘Please don’t kill me, I beg you’

Stones smiled wickedly. ‘Why on earth would you think I would do that to you?’

A glimmer of hope flashed through Adam’s eyes.

‘When there are million ways to kill a man while alive?’

Adam’s face sunk with renewed dread.

‘Please I beg you, I could help you. Please! Don’t do this kind sir’

Mr. Stones opened a shelf and brought out a red box. Opening the box, all types of surgical blades were in it, shiny in the light of the library.

Smiling wickedly, he turned towards Adam.

‘Whatever gave you the impression I was a “kind sir”?

UMESI_JNR