THE TOUR

So, a new chapter everyone!!!

Votes and comments are very much appreciated!

Enjoy!

'Mr. Wellis? Mr. Wellis?' I could hear my name being called faintly somewhere outside my thoughts. I quickly raised my head realizing where I was. I saw ten anxious, contemplating faces looking back at me and a hot glare coming from Stacy who sat across the table. I could also see Marshal playing with a pen grinning.

'Sorry, what were you saying?'

'I was asking if you wanted our logo at the back or at the front of Mr. Marshal Shirt which he plans to wear on his tour'. An elderly man who earlier introduced himself as Mr. Roberts kindly explained, although with a little impatience in his voice.

It was 5pm, we had been at this back and forth offering and counteroffering. I had literally being lost at some point and Stacy took over haggling and offering with such cool mean precision coated in polite language. That girl was really a character. Marshal on the other hand had spent the first two hours on his phone and now his phone was dead, he was getting bored by the minute.

'Mr. Wellis, please stay with us', Stacy voice brought me out of my thoughts again.

'The back definitely' I said with confidence even though I had no idea what the logo was about.

'We shall be in touch'. Standing up, we all shook hands with an air of authority and I felt like I had done better than expected.

'That went well' I said more to myself than others after they had left.

'Not nearly good enough' Stacy said while gathering the files on the table. I wondered if I could ever satisfy this girl called Stacy Mark.

'Give the lad a break' marshal said picking up a left over apple from the meeting and subsequently munching it. Stacy just rolled her eyes and went straight out.

'Why does she hate me?' Marshal chuckled

'She doesn't hate you dude, that's her default mode'

I shrugged my shoulders.

'If you say so'

'Come on, let's go before she leaves without us'. With that we both left headed straight for the car.

**************

Maggie sat in her room knitting. It was her favorite past time. Even when she was younger, while everyone was playing, she would quietly bring out her needle and get to work. Her mom had thought her how to knit when she was just five years old and since then, she had never looked back.

With no warning what so ever, her room door was opened with force. Shocked, Maggie jumped up and removed her glasses to use it as a weapon only to see a young girl staring back at her with fear written in her eyes.

'Who are you?' Maggie asked still holding her glasses.

'Am so sorry, please don't hurt me. I'm Ana, David's best friend? I just came in yesterday with wellis? Mr. Stone's grandson, and am a bit lost'.

Margaret didn't understand what this girl was saying but she obviously didn't look that much of a threat since she was wearing men's boxers.

'Are you sure you are not one of Marshal's girlfriends?' Maggie said eyeing the boxers she wore.

'What, no way, yuck... that's impossible, I can't stand that child' Ana said, her face turning to the same color with that of a tomato.

'Then why are your cheeks red like a tomato?' Maggie asked her with an eyebrow raised.

'Am allergic'

'To what?'

'Uhmm air'. Maggie was getting more and more confused by the minute. Ana was saved however by Marshal's loud declaratory voice.

'We are home!!!!'

Ana face brightened

'Oh, that must be David'

Maggie, still suspicious of her left her room closely followed by Ana. Entering the sitting room, they met the whole crew sitting down. Marshal had gotten a new battery because he couldn't wait to charge his phone.

'See, I was telling the truth' Ana said, breathing a sigh of relief

'What, she finally admitted she's a transgender?' Marshal said teasingly.

'That is no way to speak to a lady, young man' Maggie said looking sternly at Marshal. To his bewilderment, Ana started to cry.

'He always does this to me, hurting my feelings and telling me mean things'

'Oh sweetheart, am so sorry. Marshal! Apologize right this instance to this beautiful lady'

'But...'

'Now!!!!!'

'Am sorry' Marshal said and just for an instance, it looked like someone had hurt his feelings.

Maggie hugged Ana with her back turned Marshal. Ana stuck a tongue at Marshal smirking.

Stacy cleared her throat.

'Am happy everyone is here, I think it's time Mr. Wellis gave us the name of the first country we are travelling to'

'Italy would be fun, and the food.' Ana said sighing

Marshal snorted, 'who would want to go there when you could visit Brazil with all the ladies and beaches and bikin...' Maggie slapped his head from behind before he could finish.

'Ouch, that hurt'

'I think I know just the perfect place'

'Where?' They all asked at once.

Wellis smiled.

'Mexico'

UMESI_JNR