JUST PLAIN ME(1)

Hello people!

I know, been really slow updating.

Just a lot of things happening in my life right now.

Promising fast updates from next week.

Hope you enjoy this chapter!

'What are you talking about?' Ana asked blocking the way of the state security personnel. They were patient men. However, their patience was growing thin.

'I believe you speak and understand English. This young man here' he said pointing straight at Barry Adam 'is the prime suspect of a crime, a felony which could see him indicted and locked up for many years'

'I saw the man who shot me! It wasn't him! He had long hair with silver traces on his hair'

The men looked at her exhausted. One of them brought out a picture of a man with long hair and silver traces on them.

'Is this the man?'

'Yes' Ana said with conviction in her voice certain now that the men could see sense in what she was saying. Instead however, the man pulled out another picture which shown the present Barry Adam and kept them side by side on the table. Barry looked on from behind Ana, his face expressionless.

'Do these two men look similar to you ma'am?' he asked Ana with sarcasm clearly soaking his voice and gesticulations. Ana hands went to her mouth as her jaw fell and a tear rolled down her cheek.

Stacy hissed and turned away while Wellis took a step forward to comfort Ana when suddenly gunshots rang out. The state men fell down with a groan just as Stacy shouted "duck".

In a flash, Stacy delivered two punches to Barry stomach and kicked him hard on his jawline. The sound of his jawbone cracking was heard almost as loud as the gunshot. Stacy grabbed his gun and hit his head so hard that that you would fear for his skull.

Wellis' mouth hang open as he processed what he had just saw. The policemen were bleeding on the ground and he had just witnessed a move that he had only thought possible in movies.

Stacy turned back and her expression was nothing that Wellis had known. It was as he was staring at a different person, a killer.

'We need to find Marshal' she said calmly as if nothing had happened.

'I'm sorry' Ana whispered to Stacy and Stacy finally looked at her, her expression sour and filled with a certain emotion; anger, hatred, regret and disgust all fighting for dominance.

'Next time you feel like sucking on someone's face, make sure you do it in the bedroom or someplace where there isn't a freaking camera. I wish you didn't come with us on this tour! I...'

'That's enough Stacy!' Wellis said his anger slowly reaching maximum level.

'You shut up! You should be the one telling her this but no you won't! Do you know why? Because you are weak, you are feeble with no courage, no steel, and no will to fight back. Just flesh which takes up space. Everything was fine before you guys left Clinetower and now look at us!'

'Fine Stacy! I am weak, I am not the macho strong guy, and I don't have any will power. I get scared but at least I have a heart!'

'That's enough!' Ana said, the tears now freely flowing from her eyes.

'It's my fault! I get it. I think I should go back to Clinetower before I caused any more harm. After all, I am no grandson of the most powerful man in town nor am I a superstar. I am just plain me Ana and I know where I belong now.'

'Ana' Wellis said, his voice softening.

'No, it's okay David. I am fine. I just need to know when the next flight to Brookstone leaves and nothing you say Wellis can change my mind' she said before running out of the room.

'Ana, please wait' Wellis said, his voice breaking. He turned back to see Stacy just standing looking shocked.

'Look at what you have done!' Wellis shouted, his voice clearly broken by the tears that were about to fall.

'Wellis I...' Stacy started to speak.

'No, don't you dare say another word, go and f**k yourself' he said before leaving in the same direction Ana had left. Stacy just stood there still she heard the door bang, before she let the single tear fall.

******************************

Stones' phone rang and he looked at the screen. "Marshal" was calling. Stones took a deep breath and prepared for Marshal's unending talk.

'What do you want Marshal?'

'Oh, he doesn't want anything now' a woman's voice boomed over the speakers. Stones' clenched his jaws almost involuntarily as he recognized the voice almost instantly.

'Rossi'

'Stones, so good to hear your voice again handsome'

'Where is Marshal?' he said, a tone of coldness suddenly ruling over his voice.
'Somewhere in Nigeria'

'Leave him out of this. This is between you and me.

'No Stones, this has never been about me and you. It has always been about the baby you took from me. It has always been about Marshal'.

'He was never yours, you took him from an innocent woman'

'Oh but don't you remember Stones? She gave it to me!'

'You are just a snake but you have forgotten one thing, just one thing'

'And what would that be?'

'I know where she is'

'Know where who is?'

'Your daughter, I know where your daughter is.'

UMESI_JNR