YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE

Hey wattpaders!!! Sorry, this is coming late, but its finally here. Like I said earlier..your votes and comment will be highly appreciated.

Constructive criticism will be appreciated.

Enjoy!!

'World what?' Ana said, not believing her ears

'I wasn't referring to you', Marshal said still looking pointedly at me.

'You're kidding me right?' I said out loud. The look on the face of Marshal told me this wasn't a joke and Marshal was insane.

'Neh, I thought about everything you see, this is your chance, to be free like the bird, to see the world. We could have fun you know'. Marshal said picking up an apple and took a large bite.

I thought his jaw looked like it would fall off the way he was munching it, some serious work.

'Hell no', I said folding my arms and looking at him. 'I would not survive two minutes with you, I would come home with one shaved eyebrow, a bald head and bruises all over my head'

'At least something would change, besides I think you being bald is better than that fluffy thing you call hair' he said looking unfazed.

'My hair isn't that bad', I said defensively looking at Ana for support. Ana looked at me with an amused expression. Bob smiled and it was clear from his glasses that his eyes were resting on the top of my head.

'Maybe you being bald wouldn't be such a bad idea', Ana said slowly. I looked at her, sure my shock was written all over my face.

'Wellis, you sure about the tour?' Marshal asked me looking serious.

'Yes, I think so. Clinetower is my home and I don't think anywhere else is as good as home' I said with all the determination in my voice. However, Marshal gave me a look that suggested I had grown two branches of pumpkin leaves on my head.

'Dude! Clinetower is okay...,maybe manageable or...'

'Just keep talking' Ana said looking amused at where this was going.

'You have no idea what's out there. A whole new world dude! the cities, beaches better than your favourite beach, Clinetower is nothing compared to what's out there and you have the chance to see it all, to probably experience fandom and you want to stay in ClineTower?'

The whole room was silent as everyone tried to digest what Marshal had just said. The look on his face showed he thought he had won here, the smirk and the glint in his green eyes bright as ever.

'Sorry mate, but am not leaving and I believe you have a flight to catch my good friend' I said looking at him straight in the face.

Bob cleared his throat and looked at Marshal.

'We should probably get going, however, give me a call if you ever change your mind. My guts tell me you will', Marshal said turning swiftly and then turning back. He looked straight at Ana with an amused look.

'Just go already' Ana said rolling her eyes.

'We shall meet again lady-man, blue eyed creature' he said.

'Is that even a name?'

'Of course it isn't, am still deciding if you deserve one... come-on Bob, we have a plane to catch'. With that, Marshal Collins stepped out of my door and out of my life.

I sighed and looked at Ana who was already staring at me.

'Well that went well' she said slowly.

'Yeah right' I said turning towards the kitchen where my mom was standing with her hands folded.

'Mom!'

'Yes, my baby boy'

'Were you standing there the entire time?'

'No, but long enough to know that you blew away your one chance to leave this life you hate'.

Ana suddenly spoke, 'gee, look at the time, am running late. I see you lunchtime Dave, thank you Mrs. Collins for your wonderful pancakes'.

'You know you are always welcome here, my girl', my mom said looking at Ana with so much love in her eyes. With that, Ana stood up and left the house. The house suddenly seemed so quiet.

'So?' my mom said clearly intent on hearing what I had to say.

'I love ClineTower mom, I don't want to leave no matter how bad it gets' I said softly.

'Oh my boy, I don't want you to feel like you have to stay with me. I can handle myself just fine my son.'

'I don't want to leave you mom with dad, but that's not it, I feel I can be everything I want to be without going to see the world. I could live on the beach right here in ClineTower, get a job and leave the good life'

'Alright, but don't let me hold you back, pursue whatever you want in life. You only live once.' she said rubbing my shoulders. She hugged me and I felt safe.

                                                                                  **************

Walking briskly towards the private jet, he was allowed in by one of the guards. Clutching the newspaper in his hands, he looked at the headlines; 'Fanboy freezes on stage'.

'Where to sir?'

He smiled and took a puff from his cigar.

'ClineTower'

Who's the cigar man?..if you would like to know, check in on wednesday next week for the next chapter.

Have a wonderful weekend.

UMESI_JNR