I NEED YOU TO STAY

Hey wonderful readers!!  Hope your January is treating you well.

This will be my last update in January as exams enters the critical stage.

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

WELLIS’ POV

I entered the main sitting room scratching my head. That was the first time I had ever seen my grandfather angry at me. It wasn’t a great feeling and I hoped it was the last time. I saw Ana sitting down, writing and marshal on his phone smiling sheepishly.

‘Hey guys, what’s up?’

‘Nothing much’ Ana muttered. Marshal however didn’t seem to agree.

‘Oh, have you met the new girl?’ I shook my head and folded my hands, waiting for Marshal to explain further.

‘Funny how the other girl who liked me was also named Katherine, but dude! This girl is beyond her’ marshal said, standing up and making hand gestures all over the place with his eyes wide and shining.

‘Oh, so her name is Katherine?’ I said amused by marshal’s behavior. One would think this girl was an angel the way marshal kept on talking about it. What was more amusing however was the fact that Ana had nothing to say so far about the girl or no comeback to marshal’s obvious exaggeration.

‘Is that true?’ I ask Ana with my brows raised.

‘Yea, she’s pretty cool’. My eyes narrowed to slits as I tried to look at Ana deeply and intently but as usual, Ana had the perfect unbreakable wall when she wanted to and even I could not break through.

‘Are you okay?’ I asked her, starting to get a little worried because her trademark smirk was missing.

‘Am fine David, stop asking me a thousand questions’ Ana said rolling her eyes.

‘Well someone is in a bad mood’ marshal said looking at Ana as if he was pondering what on earth could have put her in that mood.

‘I just said I was fine, stop staring at me like an octopus’.

Marshal brows came together in concentration, ‘I didn’t know octopus could stare at people’.

‘Oh shut up, and leave me alone you guys!’

I shrugged my shoulders as marshal chuckled and went back to pressing his phone. I wondered what could be up with her. Was she missing ClineTower or her dad? Did she want to go home? Or maybe…
‘Good thing you are here Wellis’, the unmistakable voice of Stacy breaks my line of thoughts as I turned to face her. She was with another lady and if that was Katherine, I take back what I said. Marshal was not exaggerating one bit. This lady was beautiful and stylish, it was very easy to get lost in the soft features of her face. She reminded me of Jessica in a most beautiful way.

‘This is Katherine’ Stacy said. Yep, confirmed I thought.

‘Katherine, meet Wellis Mr. Stones grand son and heir to everything he owns’. Katherine’s eyes lit up as she came to terms with who she was speaking to.

‘It’s an honor meeting you Wellis, I hope we can work together and make marshal an even bigger icon’.

‘Oh, I think we get on just fine’.

Stacy folded her hands and I knew she was about to say something. She always does that when she wanted to speak.

‘So, I think we are all set, we leave for London in 3 days. I do not want marshal out alone, four security guards must always be with him. Wellis and I will work on the travel plans and sort out the whole lot. And oh, I have a job for you Ana’

Ana eyes shot up and narrowed in on Stacy.
‘I noticed you are good in writing poems, stories and the whole lot. Marshal has his own team of writers who write songs for him. I was wondering if you would like to join this team’.

Ana eyes smiled even before her lips spread in the most pleasant smile.

‘I would love to’ she said enthusiastically while still smiling sheepishly.

‘Here, I was thinking you were going to die from the frowning syndrome’ marshal muttered teasingly. Ana rolled her eyes and turned back to Stacy.

‘When do I start?’ Ana asked her eyes showing she was silently screaming with joy.

‘As soon as we get back from London’ Stacy said as a matter of fact.

‘That reminds me, how long are we staying there?’

‘3 days, then we fly to Nigeria for 4 days’
‘Enough with the boring details, Katherine, can you swim?’ marshal asked Katherine.
Katherine face immediately turned red, ‘uhm yes I can’

‘Would you like me to show you the pool’ I rolled my eyes. Marshal will never stop flirting in his eye.

Giggling, Katherine responded in the affirmative as if there was ever any doubt as to what her response would be, marshal led the way with Katherine following him closely.

Stacy sighed, ‘well, that was quick’ I smiled and even Ana fought to stifle a smile.

              ***************************
I had no idea what woke me up. I turned on my bed trying to go back to sleep but the bed all of a sudden felt so hot. Muttering curses and defeated, I sat up in bed and rubbed my eyes.

I needed to sleep. My “so-called mentoring” started tomorrow as Stacy had told me quite squarely and had ordered me to be awake and dressed by 7 in the morning. That girl was a working machine and I was starting to think just maybe, she would be better off running the agency herself.

Getting up from bed, I suddenly felt thirsty. With sleep still in my eyes, I stumbled out of my room and walked towards the direction of the kitchen or so I thought.

After five minutes of looking and realizing I was missing, the sleep had fully gone off my eyes and I was slowly getting frustrated.

Just perfect David, you go and get yourself lost in the middle of the night, I thought to myself.
I heard faint noises like a struggle just ahead. I was now fully alert and a little scared. I continued moving until I got to where the noise was coming from. It was coming from behind a door. I knew it is never a good idea to enter a place you know nothing of.

I however placed my hand on the door handle and pulled it open.

The room was dimly lit and quite spacious. It had a seat and a table and a very large mirror by the wall. On the table lay a bag of cosmetics. The middle of the room was occupied by a gigantic bed. It was then I finally saw where the noise emanated from. In the middle of the bed lay Stacy twisting and turning rather aggressively, the bed sheets wet from her sweat and her constantly muttering inaudible words.
It was obvious that she was having a serious nightmare. I stood transfixed there, not knowing my next line of action. That was when she suddenly let out a scream that filled the whole room and my body moved almost immediately, almost a reflex action.
I felt the soft sheets of her bed as I gently shook her. She had tears running down her cheeks and her eyes slowly opened and she stared at me.

I cupped her face and looked at her misty grey eyes, ‘its okay, Stacy am here now’.

She suddenly flung herself at me putting her hands on my shoulders as she held onto me tightly still sobbing.

I held her not saying a word and slowly rubbing her back.

I felt her tense body slowly calm down after almost an hour had passed. Her sobs were soon replaced with steady breathing showing she was fast asleep.

She still clung to me tightly. Dropping her on the bed and untangling myself from her, I got up from the bed and starting walking to the door.

‘Stay, I want you to stay. I need you to stay’ I froze as I heard her trembling voice.

I stared at her, she looked weak and vulnerable.

‘I’ll stay as long as you want me to’.

Umesi_jnr