MISS PILLAY

Hello my most valuable readers!!!

A new chapter three hours before February 1st.

Hope you enjoy!!

Don't be a ghost reader... Vote and comment if you like the chapter!!

WELLIS’ POV

My body woke up before my eyes flashed open. I heard the delicate chirping of the birds outside and felt the soft breeze blow against my skin. Rubbing my eyes, I stretched my hands into the air and a yawn escaped from my lips. I finally opened my eyes and I immediately sat up, the sleep gone from my eyes.

I was not in my room, I thought panicking. I looked around and saw the bag of cosmetics lying there and the memories from yesterday flooded my brain; the look on her face, the innocent look on her face while she slept.

I had stayed awake for hours just holding her. Whenever I thought she was fast asleep, I tried to let go but she would open her grey eyes and stare at me and my heart would melt at the state of her fragile eyes.

I finally slept around five in the morning and to say I was exhausted was an understatement.

I rubbed my eyes one last time, my eyes gradually adjusting to the light coming from the window. I turned to look at the other half of the bed, to see how she was doing. I saw nothing but white sheets and a little paper folded and kept standing on the bed.

Snatching it from where it stood, I got out of the bed and finally looked at the paper.

Please do leave the room as soon you wake up. Do not touch anything, do not wander and look at my stuff. I would advise you to go get ready. We have a long day”.

                          STACY MARK. 

I groaned and squashed the paper with my fists. What was wrong with this girl? I mean one minute, she’s all nice in the hospital and then she’s cold towards me as if I irritate her. Then next minute, I find her weak and troubled and we connect in a way that I have never connected with anyone before. Then this morning, she leaves before I wake and leaves me a stupid note.

Maybe she’s embarrassed but it doesn’t mean she has to be cold or rude about it.

I clenched my jaws in vicelike lock and could feel my anger rising. I quickly left the room before someone saw me.

                   ********************

Ana entered the dining room with really sleepy eyes. Her nose had caught the scent of baked beans and pancakes and that was enough to get her out of bed by 6 in the morning.

‘Why are you guys having breakfast this early?’ she whined.

Stacy put down her fork smiling, ‘because I have a long day at work with Wellis’.

Ana pulled back a seat and sat down. ‘Speaking of David, where is he anyway? I went to his room and he wasn’t in bed’.

Stacy choked and starting coughing which put a worried look on Marshal’s and Ana’s face.

‘Are you okay?’ Ana asked.

‘Am fine really. That’s strange, I wonder he could be’ Stacy said taking a sip of her juice which helped cover the slight blush which had somehow infiltrated her cheeks.

Breakfast continued without any more discussion. Stacy wondered deep within why Marshal was so quiet this morning.

‘Marsh, are you okay? You seemed a little dull this morning’.

‘Am fine, I just have a splitting headache’

‘You mean a migraine?’ Ana asked without even glancing at him.

‘Yes, a migraine’.

‘I think I have some aspirin left, would you like some?’ Ana asked still not even looking at him.

‘Yes, that would be nice’. He said looking intently into his plate of food.

Stacy’s eyes followed the conversation from one person to another. She could feel the unspoken tension and she was slowing losing her mind by the shyness of the conversation. However, at that moment, Wellis stepped into the room and her own eyes fell to her plate.

Damn, I have no right to judge them, she thought shaking her head.

Wellis walked up to the table and took a seat.
‘Hey guys, hope your night went well’ Wellis asked.

All he got were nods and grunts of approval which surprised him. He looked at Stacy and her eyes were glued to her food as she ate.

‘Good morning Stacy, hope your night went well’ he said softly.

She raised her face and Wellis was taken back. Her eyes were cold and unreadable and she has this hostile aura that was scary.

‘Good morning Mr. Wellis, hope you slept well, well enough not to slow me down today’

‘Yea, sure I did’ Wellis said, drawing the last word.

‘Good’ she said without a care in the world and went back to eating without giving him a second glance.

‘Hello everyone!’ Katherine said as she came in through the front door and to everyone surprise planted a kiss on Marshal’s lips.
‘Yesterday night was awesome, thank you’ she said looking straight at Marshal. Marshal squirmed in his seat.

‘I’ll just be in my personal space’ she said leaving the dining room. The silence and air was now pregnant, pregnant with anger and disgust.

‘I think I just lost my appetite.’ Stacy said pushing her plate away and getting up, living without another word.

Ana stood up almost after Stacy left, pushing her plate away. Marshal opened his mouth to speak but closed it back when he realized he didn’t actually have anything to say.

Wellis looked at Marshal as he looked down still studying his food.

‘Dude, you need to fix this, and fast. And oh one more thing, “GROW UP” dude’.

Wellis stood up leaving Marshal still looking at the contents of his now cold food intently.

                      ******************

SOUTHAFRICA, 2006.

She lay in bed, her heart racing wildly. This is how it had been for the past year. He would come by two in the morning and raped her continually. If she protested, he would urinate on her and slap her still she loses consciousness.

Today, it will all end, she vowed.
She heard the door leading to her room open slowly and his imposing figure approach her menacingly.

She held her breath as he roughly pulled her towards him and start pulling at her clothes, swearing inaudible words. When the clothes couldn’t give way, he slapped her and she almost cried out in pain. She knew however that crying out in pain would only lead to more beating.

Confident that she would not fight as he had felt her body go limp, he went about removing the rest of her clothing. So confident he felt that he didn’t see the shiny sharp metal until it was too late.

She stabbed him in the stomach to the hilt,  twisted it inside him and withdrew the knife which was now decorated with his blood as he released a scream into the silent night and fell off her body.

She stood up and started stabbing him; on his chest, his face. She used the knife and plucked out his eyes. Then she cut off his tongue and just kept stabbing away until her sobs overwhelmed her. Sobbing, she put the knife in her small bag which she had packed already.

Rushing out the door, Stacy Rethabile Pillay escaped into the beautiful night never looking back.

Umesi_jnr