THE MAN IN LEATHER

Holla everyone!

Getting excited as we draw closer to the big explosion

But the question is will it end there?

Hope you enjoy this chapter... #stacis

Blue dreamy skies dominated the celestial sphere of the earth. The air was pleasant and the breeze was just perfect. It was a good time to be alive, to be able to enjoy the beautiful morning. However, team Marshal still slept like babies all except Stacy.

‘David?’ Stacy called as she entered his room. No reply.

She took steps towards his bed where she saw the duvet fall and rise in perfect harmony with his breathing. She stepped closer still and that particular moment, he chose to roll over making the duvet fall to just above his waist.

She felt her breath leave her lungs and her cheeks get tainted with a slight blush as she took in every single toned muscle that was attached to him.

She stepped even closer and finally sat on the bed. Her brain had seemingly rewired itself. She could see his abs expand and contract with every gentle breath he took. Her fingers slowly reached out to touch, to feel it before she would go crazy.

All the memories flooded her mind- memories of him holding her, feeling his hard body pressed against her. His strong hands keeping her safe, not that she could not do that too.

Her fingers were almost at their destination when David opened his eyes.

Stacy’s hands quickly jumped back and she quickly stood up, almost like a child who had been caught stealing pie from her mom’s oven.

David’s sleepy eyes shown his confusion.
‘What are you doing?’ he asked sleepily, the words coming out almost inaudible.

‘Uhmm, just checking to see if you were awake yet?’ she asked turning away from him.

‘Okayyy’ he said rubbing his eyes then went still for a split second.

‘Did you have a nightmare again?’

Stacy chuckled. ‘Don’t worry David, I’m not always a damsel in distress. I can take care of myself. No I didn’t have a nightmare’.

She heard him release a sigh. He was worried about her. She felt tears stab her eyes. Only two people had ever cared about her throughout her life- Marshal and Mr. Stones. No one else… not even her own mother.

‘You should get out of bed, Marshal’s concert starts in 2 hours’

David smiled. ‘I think you should try waking Marshal. That is the real battle’

Stacy stifled a laugh. ‘I have just the person for that job’

Marshal flew out of the bed seeking for a route, any route of escape. He felt it again. Ice cold water splash on his back as he kept on running with the evil witch close on his heels. All the doors were locked.

He shook the doors screaming when he felt the next splash hit his back. Turning towards the witch, he started begging.

‘I’m awake, please no more. I beg you, no more’ he said raising his hands in surrender.
Maggie smiled with a sense of triumph.

‘Now, take a shower!’ she said leaving after unlocking the doors much to Marshal’s relief.

                        ***************

The sounds of her wedges could be held as she walked away from her car and into the little bar on the east side of Brookstone. She spotted the seat that was reserved for her.

She was meeting someone, she whispered to the waiter and wasn’t taking anything still he came to which he nodded to, understanding her perfectly.

She picked up the newspaper lying next to her and started flipping the pages. She was so engrossed in it, yet she could feel it when he entered.

The young man wore an all leather outfit straight to his boots. Black leather. His aura screamed mysterious and cold-blooded.

He quietly took a seat and tapped the edges of the table waiting for the woman to talk.
She slid him a folder. He opened it looking at the contents then smiled.

‘How much are you willing to pay?’

‘A hundred thousand dollars’

He looked at the folder again.

‘I’m going to need a few things, so make it two hundred’

‘Done’

His head came up with a brow raised, a glint in his dark eyes.

‘What do you want from this lady if I’m allowed to ask?’

The woman took a deep breath.

‘I just want to see her, to stare into her eyes one more time’.

The man leaned into his chair as the woman averted her eyes.

‘I need to ask her why she killed my husband’

Who's the mystery woman?

Well my dear friends,  we just have to keep reading now,  won't we now?

Umesi_jnr