DEAD AND GONE

Just in time!!

Enjoy.

'Who is she?'

'I should be asking you that question' Ana narrowed her eyes at Stones.

'You look like Jack the ripper'.

 Trust Ana to say that out loud, I thought silently

'Jack the what?' For the first time since I met Mr. Stones, he looked confused. Guess he finally found his match, I thought smirking.

'Who's this guy again?'

'Stones?'

'Weird name'

'I know right?'

'Do you two little kids realize that am right here?'

We both looked at him, then at each other and started laughing.

Ana finally said after about a minute of laughing, 'here, be a gentle man and help me with this'

Stones looked at her, again confusion written over his face.

'Where do you think you are taking that over loaded bag to?'

'To that beautiful helicopter right behind you,' Ana said without blinking.

Stones' face turned to a shade of red that both Ana and I hadn't seen before, it was between red chili pepper and the human blood.

'No way am I allowing this half woman on my helicopter. Turning to look at me, he said, 'why didn't you inform me of this very improper, annoying little glitch you call a lady.'

'She's coming with us, or I'm not going'.

Stones looked stunned.

'This is ridiculous!'

'No its not, I think it's rather simple. She comes or we forget all about this sole heir thing you got going, besides having mom make pancakes every day is a fair option.'

'Right! I'll so miss her pancakes', Ana added with a wishful look on her face.

Mr. Stones looked defeated. 'Fine! but if you damage my helicopter, one little scratch, I will have the girl thrown off even if we are in the sky.'

'Yes sir' Ana said saluting him. With that, stones turned and then turned back to look at Ana.

'Just to prove to you am a gentleman', he went over to her and picked up her luggage, took it abroad the plane without another word.

Ana and I looked at each other smirking. Without another word, we got abroad the plane.

As Ana got comfortable and prepared for her first time in the air, she completed her first poem in 2 months.

The odds were always against remaining
My hearts tugs painful
Remaining had lost
I was free and gone
My journey has just began...

****************

A beautiful porche car drove into Brook stone's Central hospital and parked in a reserved spot.

An elderly woman with blonde hair wearing glasses emerged from the car and walked straight to where the hospital reception was located. The receptionist smiled at her as she entered.

'The normal room?'

'Yes, room 47'

'Right this way please'. The receptionist took a key and walked briskly while the elderly woman followed her closely. They reached a room and the receptionist gave her the key and left. She unlocked it and entered the room.

On the bed lay a frail looking woman, she had a life supporting machine attached to her.

The blonde woman brought out a bottle and a syringe.

'Sorry Ruth, I can't have you telling anyone what you know, I'll see you at the other side'.

Injecting it through her vein, she paid her last respects to the frail woman and walked away, but not before the echocardiogram turned to a straight line.

Ruth Mendez was dead.

Next update is on Sunday

Have a wonderful weekend

Umesi_jnr