THE OFFER

'This is bad, really bad' I said holding my head. My head suddenly weighed the same amount as 1000 bags of concrete stones, and the worst thing was that the girl in front of me wasn't helping matters.

'Come on, I think you look cute' she said with a devilish smile on her face.

I have been friends with Anastasia since we were in diapers, like literally in diapers. My mom says I gave her a piece of chocolate when I was a baby and since then, we have been stuck together. I keep thinking that if that happened now, we would probably have never become friends;  chocolate was strictly out of bounds.

'I'm starving Dave, I hope am in time for your Mom's pancakes...now young sir, if you could kindly leave the door' she said with a smirk on her face. It was at this moment I realized I was blocking the way to the house. Sighing, I left the door with the newspaper in my hands.

'Don't you see the implication of what this means?, everyone will think I know this self-acclaimed musician and my life will blow into a million tiny pieces' I said dramatically swinging my hands all over the place.

Ana came out of the kitchen with a piece of pancake and her hands shining from oil and smiled again.

'I see no implication on my part, but however, I see a lot of stuttering and embarrassing moments for you, and of course as your best friend, a lot of laughing for me'. She put the last piece of the pancake in her mouth and licked her fingers slowly in an attempt to annoy me.

'I have no idea how you remain my best friend', I said folding my hands.

'Because loving me is not negotiable' she said, her blue eyes shining straight at me. As if on cue, the doorbell rang. I left her standing in the passage way and went to see who was at the door, the doorbell by now was ringing continuously like there was a malfunction. I swung open the door to be confronted with a pair of dark shades, blond hair and a very annoying smile; MARSHAL COLLINS.

                                                                               *************

'How dare he?' Marshal said fuming

'You left him with no choice' Maggie answered him with a slight show of amusement in her words. Her boy Marshal looked like he could tear open the mouth of a lion with the rage she saw in his eyes, but she knew him better, he would take to his heels upon the slightest sight of a lion.

'A choice? do you know how many people would die to be in his position, but no, he took to his heels'.

 Maggie sighed. Twenty years had passed and this boy was still as dumb as a new born baby.

'Marsh, people are different, you like being on the spotlight and you do it so well but some people are private and like to live the good simple life. Not everyone wants to be known, not everyone likes the rush of paparazzi following them where ever they go. You don't just throw people into the spot light without their permission.' She said looking straight at him

The truth was, everything Maggie had said, Marshal had heard only the last line and with that, he had gotten an idea as brilliant as the sun.

'Whatever you say Maggie, I'll see you later, I have to do something'

'Francisco Collins, you have 30 minutes to return, we have only 3 hours still we leave' Maggie screamed as Marshal left the house closely followed by one of his guards.

                                                                       *************

'I thought you had left already' my voice slightly raised at Marshal

'That's not a nice way to welcome your buddy now is it?'

'You are not my buddy'

'Whatever you say buddy, won't you invite me in? And oh this is my friend Bob'. I looked behind Marshal to see someone with even darker shades and an expressionless look, a look that reminded me of the Matrix.

'HI', I said to Bob, he just turned and looked at me, and looked straight forward again.

'He has a phobia for meeting new people' Marshal fake whispered.

'Maybe he's just tired of seeing your fake smile?' I fake whispered back. Marshal smile disappeared and I saw Bob stifle a smile.

'So when are you going to invite me in?' marshal said with little stint of impatience.

I sighed, 'fine', I said stepping aside for both of them to enter. Marshal entered in his care free manner of walking but froze midway.

'You!' Marshal exclaimed. I looked forward to who he was referring and all I saw was Ana staring at back at Marshal with amusement.

'Well if it isn't Mr. Beach boy who thought I was a drug' Ana said folding her hands.

'My sincere apologies, I didn't realize you were poison', Marshal said with a cocky look on his face.

'You too have met?' I interrupted suddenly, curious about what really was going around me. Marshal looked at me with a questioning look on his face. 'You...you know this creature?' Ana rolled her eyes.

'Anastasia is my best friend' I say with a brow raised. 'Oh so that's her name, Marshal said his eyes lighting up.

'I wouldn't expect you to remember my name, I wonder how you even remember where your under wears are kept', Ana replied with rage in her voice.

I stood there, confused wondering why she would care since she clearly hated this guy. However, Marshal looked stunned.

'Are you sure you are really a lady?' he asked slowly. He quickly turned to look at me. 'Anyway, I came to apologize for throwing that stunt on you on stage without your permission earlier'

I looked at Marshal a little confused because that was the first time Marshal had ever apologized to me. Even Bob was confused.

'Uhmm, thank you?'

'You are most highly welcome, that is why instead of drugging you and just kidnapping you, I have an offer to make to you'

I braced myself for what came next. Since Marshal came into my life, everything had spurned out of control, and I didn't expect anything less.

'I want you to come on a world tour with me' Marshal eyes twinkled with excitement. 'So what you do you say chap?'

UMESI_JNR