SPOILT BRAT

‘So what do you think Ana? Who is telling you the truth?’ Rossi whispered to Ana as Stones clenched the gun tighter.

Ana looked back and forth and her hands moved as she finally made a decision.

60 hours earlier

Stacy walked into the room, her steps calculated and firm on the ground. She folded her hands as she stared at a very calm Stones who sat down in the middle of the room.

‘How did she take it?’ Stacy asked calmly her eyes narrowing. Stones pulled his cigar out of his mouth and stood up. Walking slowly towards her, he smiled and then frowned, his brows coming together.

‘You are different’ he said looking a bit worried.

‘I am fine’ Stacy said stepping away from him. He stepped even closer, their eyes inches away from each other, none blinking as Stones’ eyes searched Stacy’s eyes for an answer and her eyes responded forming an impenetrable wall.

Stone closed his eyes and shook his head and walked away.

‘Where’s my Stacy Mark?’ he said with his back turned to her. Silence reigned supreme as the Stones waited for an answer.

‘What’s the plan boss?’ Stacy said, her jaw clenching and unclenching. Stones turned to look at her amused.

‘we wait, we wait for them to call which shouldn’t take more than 10 hours’ he said glancing at the phone seated on the table in the middle of the room.

‘We just wait?’ she asked, looking a bit confused.

‘Yes my dear Stacy, those who are patient reaps the greatest rewards. Or don’t you agree?’

Stacy walked towards the table, her nails tapping it in a gentle rhythm. Stones observed her every moment and then dipped his hands into his pocket. Stacy watched him quietly as something shiny emerged.

He slid it across the table towards her. She grasped it before it fell off the table and stared at it. The name “Miss Pillay” was cleared engraved on it and the gun looked recently polished.

‘It’s been awhile since I last saw this’ Stacy said turning it sideways and taking in the beauty of her life- long pistol.

‘I thought it would bring back old memories, because you are going to need them’ Stones said clasping his hands together.

‘I don’t need old memories. I know what needs to be done’ she said slightly smiling, a smile that didn’t reach her eyes. Stones smiled and took a puff off his cigar. Stacy turned to go when she was stopped in her tracks by Stones’ voice.

‘There’s strength in pain, there’s pain in strength. There is however a balance. You need to find that balance before one kills you’

Stacy turned and open her mouth to answer when she was interrupted by a sharp sound which sliced through the silence.

Their eyes met and looked down at once to the source of the sound. The small phone cried and slowly moved. Their eyes met again. It was time.

*********************

‘Ahhhhhh!’ marshal screamed with all the strength he could muster in his lungs. The guard who was sleeping just outside the dark room asleep woke up from shock and hit his head against the wall.

‘Ow!’ the man shouted and stood up angrily. He has a slightly protruding stomach and a thick mustache which was so long that some parts of it always find a way to enter his mouth.

‘You spoiled brat’ he spat out angrily as he marched into the room leaving the keys dangling from the door. He stood in front of Marshal fuming. Marshal thought he resembled one of those cartoon bull-dogs who brought out smoke from their noses with hot red face and angry eyes.

‘I need to use the toilet’ marshal said dancing on the chair.

‘No’ the man said simply and turned back.
‘Please mister, I really have to go’ marshal said his voice coming out like a cat whose throat was being squeezed.

‘I said no!’ the man screamed with a voice that made Marshal flinch.

‘My bladder would go BOOM if you do not help me! And who knows what my mother would do to you’ that stopped the man in his tracks. Marshal could practically feel the man thinking about it. He held his breathe as the man slowly turned.

‘Fine! but one slight movement from you and you will be unconscious before you know it’ he said looking threateningly at Marshal.

Marshal felt his heart cut but he kept up the act whining and shaking dramatically on the chair as the man untied his hands from behind him.

Still gripping him rather firmly, he pushed him up and started leading him out of the room when Marshal went limp in his arms and his eyes rolled back into his eye sockets.

‘Spoilt brat’ the man muttered as he let Marshal fall to the ground. Bending over him, he felt for a pulse and sighed in relief when he felt one. He reached for his phone when Marshal suddenly kicked him straight where the sun doesn’t shine.

He fell down groaning and cursing as Marshal ran to the door. Getting up the man pursued Marshal as Marshal closed the door just in time before the man could get a hand out.

Leaning on it, he locked the door twice and disappeared into the darkness of the house.

Umesi_jnr