KATHERINE JONES

Hello people,  a chapter for all!

Enjoy!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Adam knocked on the door to the library once and motioned for David to go through the door. He entered and immediately the warmth of the room hit him. This room had a heater unlike other rooms. It was also the biggest of all the rooms and the simplest. As David took a few steps forward, he noticed more painting and drawing of Mr. Stones from when he was a young man down to how he looked now. There was never a smile and even in pictures, Mr. Stones still looked intimidating.

The floors were tiled and the walls were painted maroon and had endless shelves of books. David ran his hands through the books and marveled at their peak condition even if it was obvious there were old.

'Tell me David, have you ever read a Robert Ludlum novel?'

The voice startled David who turned to see that there was in fact a table opposite where he stood and there stood Mr. Stones wearing glasses, no sign of his cigar with a book which David quickly realized as Robert Ludlum's Lazarus Vendetta.

'Just one' David said stammering.
'Well, which one?' stones said without looking up.

'The materese circle'

Mr. Stones looked up finally and looked directly at David.

'In his books especially the Bourne series, the hero always survives, but is hurt, traumatized...'

'Not all the time' David said his voice becoming stronger.

Stones stood up and went to stand by the window making his face completely covered by the rays of the sun.

'You are the heir David'

'I know that...'

'You don't understand, being the heir requires effort, a strong heart and focus. I see none of that in you'

'It's been about 2 months, am still trying to understand how this works'

'I don't have time David, for you to do all that' stones left the rays of the sun and walked to David still he was inches away.

'You have enemies David, enemies you don't know of, they watch your every move. One mistake David and everything crumbles. They could have spies, they know our every move but I know theirs too and am always one step ahead, I fear you will always be two steps behind them all and my hard work will be gone like shaft.'

'What faith you have in me' David his jaw clenched, his anger slowly rising.

'I have none' stones said looking at him straight in the eyes

'That is why Stacy is going to mentor you, you are going to follow her every she wants you to go, do what she wants, and learn from her'

David opened his mouth to argue but was stopped by Mr. Stones raised hand.

'This is not up for discussion...son'.

'I am not your son'.

Stones looked at Wellis and smiled
'But you will be, I will also brief Stacy on what is expected. You can leave'.

'So I have no say in what is being done?'
Stones turned and it was clear that sudden anger had possessed him, he looked a tornado out of control.

'A say? No one has a say, because you weren't here when I built all these from scratch, were you there in Spain? Italy? South Africa? London? Did you take everything the world threw out at me? You have no idea what having a say is!'

David stood frozen to the spot. He felt hot shivers run the nerve endings of his hands and legs and the next words that came out of his mouth shocked him as much as it shocked Mr. Stones.

'Am sorry'.

Mr. Stones turned his back at him and uttered 'you may leave'.

David got to the door and closed it slowly as a single tear ran down Mr. Stones face.

            ****************************
Stacy walked in the sitting room to see Ana and marshal sitting; marshal still on his phone and Ana writing on a paper. She cleared her throat as they both looked up. Stacy looked around the room obviously looking for someone.

'Where is Wellis?'

'I don't know, I haven't seen him we got back from the hospital. What's happening?' Ana asked dropping her pen and paper.

'You know I mentioned to you that we were short of personnel' marshal finally looked up and nodded.

'So?'

'So I hired someone, she will be in charge of marshal clothes, everything to do with fashion and Marshal'.

Marshal smiling aid, 'oh, it's a "she"
Stacy smiled, 'oh it's a female alright and I have to say, she is beautiful'.

Ana just narrowed her eyes as Stacy clapped her hands.

'Katherine, you can come in now'

Ana first saw high red heels then, she looked up and saw the prettiest face she had seen in a long time. The texture of her skin told Ana she was Latino, she had brown eyes, light brown eyes. She wore a silver colored gown which clung to her curves. Ana thought she was perfect.

'Marshal, Ana I would like you to meet Katherine Jones, the latest addition to the crew'

Ana smiled and was about standing when she realized that Katherine was looking straight at Marshal and he was staring back. The room soaked up their tension as Marshal's eyes softened to a deeper shade of green. Marshal stood up and went towards her, still holding her gaze.

'Nice to meet you' she said almost inaudibly.

'The pleasure's all mine' marshal replied.

'Okay, Katherine time for you to meet the boss, come with me' Stacy said leaving with Katherine close on her heels.

Ana looked back to her paper as something stirred inside her, she didn't understand what it was, but it sucked.

                         ***************

MAMELODI, SOUTH AFRICA, 2005

The door creaked as he entered the room. The young girl, seven years old slept without a care in the world in her bed. He approached her and slipped out of his clothes and entered the blanket covering her.

He started removing her top. The hands of her clothes slipped from her shoulders and the young child opened her eyes.

'Daddy?'

'Shush', its okay. The man said while forcefully pulling off her underwear. She screamed, he slapped her so hard that she became dizzy, but he didn't stop.

Tears rolled down her eyes as she struggled but he was just so strong.

When he got off her, she was sobbing and shaking. He shook her violently.

'Tell anyone about this and I will kill you slowly, do you understand me!'

She nodded and he left, the man she called Daddy.

Left her in her blood stained clothes.

Umesi_jnr