HEADLINES

Lots of embarrassing moments in my life; car splashing water on me, being shoved around by bullies,  being rejected by the girl I was crushing on in front of the whole class in high school, getting slapped by a girl in the school cafeteria, I actually thought I had seen most forms of embarrassment known to young people until now.

On stage, well over a thousand persons...all eyes beaming eagerly straight at me in my not so smart clothes, I had miraculously lost my voice. The crowd suddenly went quiet with excitement, it all seemed like they were expecting me to perform some sort of magic, like pull a rabbit out of a hat.

'Err...hi?' I stood there, in a trance carrying the most confused look known to humanity.

HA!! Marshal to the rescue!, 'don't mind him, he loves playing dumb', Marshal said flashing his trademark smile to the crowd and as if recorded, every single person laughed.

'I just want you to know that I will never forget this dude and he's my number one fan in ClineTower! Give it up for Wellis once again! Marshal turned to look at Wellis and all he saw was thin air.

                                                                                 **********
Ana's eyes, blue as the sky, were glued to the TV as she saw her best friend whom she had known since she was in diapers climb the stage next to Marshal.

She didn't realize her mouth had dropped wide open until her dad put a slice of pizza into her oral cavity laughing at her.

'OH-MY-GOD, what has David gotten himself into now?' Ana said out loud shaking her head. Her father stood up yawning 'how bad can it be? Besides he could do with little popularity. Am going to bed honey, see you tomorrow', her dad said kissing her on the cheek.

She turned up the volume of the TV and she saw the look on David's face; PRICELESS. He looked like he had just seen a cheetah and there was no way to escape.

The camera shifted to Marshal the vain guy with him smiling like he owned the world. She rolled her eyes; not this guy again..., just then she heard something that made her sit up even more.

"let's give it up for Wellis!" And the camera refocused looking for him but only met an empty spot. She leaned into the couch and burst into uncontrollable laughter.

**********

I turned on my bed, simply not wanting to get up. I wanted it to be a dream, a dream that I had not just disgraced myself in front of the whole town.

It seemed to be working until the sweet aroma of mom's wonderful cooking had crawled up my nostrils...before I knew it I was on my feet, then I knew I preferred it to be real than to miss that cooking.

Entering the bathroom, I brushed while singing along with Maroon 5's Payphone, then took a shower.

Feeling fresh and energized, I went downstairs straight to the kitchen. 'Morning mom', I said picking up a banana and slowly peeling the back off while thinking of the events yesterday.

Mom turned and looked at me with a raised brow, 'so do you care to share how your day went yesterday?'.

'Because I believe my son told me he was going for a walk and next thing, he's on live television' she said with a smile on her face.

I gulped and start coughing, my face most likely showing my embarrassment, 'long story mom'. I said looking for a way out but there's a reason why mom is mom.

She folded her hands 'I have all the time in the world my baby boy'.

'Uhmm, okay so there was this guy that I saw somewhe...' the doorbell rang and I immediately left the kitchen shouting 'don't worry mom, I'll get it' all in my bid to get away from mom's piercing stare and smiling face.

I flung open my door to see my best friend Anastasia smiling at me, holding up the newspaper.

 'Look who made the front page' she said smirking

 I froze in my steps, 'Donald Trump?' I said jokingly turning to look at the paper and I immediately regretted ever meeting anyone named Marshal Collins.

I saw a guy who I vaguely recognized as myself. He stood like a statue or rather like someone who had just experienced electric shock. The newspaper headline just completed the misery I felt in my chest down to my kidneys down to where the sun doesn't shine.

'SHOCKED FANBOY FREEZES ON STAGE'

UMESI_JNR