PERFECT SHOT

Hello people!

Well, all I can say is I hope you are as excited as me...

Enjoy.

As soon as Mrs. Rossi entered into the house, she sensed something was amiss. She picked up her phone from her pocket.

'Alex bring the boy out, we are going for a walk' she spoke into the phone. She got no reply.

Something was really fishy she thought. Withdrawing her gun, she started walking slowly into the house when she saw her chief guard Alex run out of the house to meet her.

He stopped once he saw her gun pointed directly at him.

'Senorá it's just me' he said raising both hands in the air.

Rossi breathed a huge sigh of relief as she dropped the gun and stood with one hand on her waist. You would hardly imagine this woman was in her early fifties with how physically fit she seemed to be.

'None of you answered me when I called in the walkie talkie' she said, explaining why she was worried.

'Yes I am aware, there is a slight problem senorá' Alex said, his fingers shaking a bit.

'A slight problem?' Rossi asked raising one eyebrow.

'No a very serious problem, I wasn't around when it happened. I swear I wasn't' he said not being able to meet her eyes.

Rossi grabbed the collars of his shirt.

'What the hell is going on Alex? Tell me! Rossi said, her hands wrapping her fingers around his collars even tighter.

'The boy' Alex blurted out with fear in his eyes.

'What about the boy?' Rossi asked, searching his eyes for any answers she could find.

'He's gone' he said with tears now in his eyes.

'How did this happen?' Rossi said calmly'.

'I don't know, I came around the back only to find Master Crab locked inside the room where the boy was supposed to be, I knew nothing about it senorá. You have to believe me!'

Rossi released him from her grasp and backed away.

'Call me this Master crab immediately' she said after some time.

Scrambling to his feet, Alex ran to the back of the house calling out in Italian. A few minute later, he was back with a roundish man who had a very big stomach. Rossi was starting to see where the problem dwelled. The man on seeing Rossi knelt down and started weeping.

'I'm so sorry senorá, he tricked me, and I believed him. Give me this last chance and I will find him. I will bring him back to you. I swear with very last drop of my blood' he said in between his ever increasing sobs.

'How can I ever trust you again? Rossi said still not facing him.

'You can! I have been loyal to you for 10 years. I have stood by you. I will forever stand by you. Give me the chance to correct the wrong. He cannot outsmart me twice. Please do not kill me! Please!'

Rossi finally turned to look at him smiling. She knelt down until she was looking at him in the eyes.

'Oh you poor soul, of course I know how loyal you have been to me' she said caressing his face. Master crab attempted to smile, huge relief starting to flood his nerves as he sensed Rossi wasn't going to kill him.

'But, I don't think this mission is for you' she said still touching his face.

Master crab opened his mouth to protest but Rossi had already stood up from her kneeling position. With a swift moment, she withdrew her gun and shot him in the middle of his forehead to the shock of Alex. She looked at Alex smiling.

'Seems I still got that perfect shot. Don't you think so Alex?' she said blowing at the mouth of her gun.

'Of course senorá' he said bowing his head slightly.

'We will move our plans quickly before the boy finds a way to get to them, we have to move now' she said walking away but stood half-way and turned to face Alex.

'Is our secret safe Alex?' she said looking him in the eyes.

'Of course Senorá, I will take it to my grave' he said touching the cross which was tied around his neck.

'Let me make sure of that, shall I?' Rossi said. Without another word, she shot him at the left side of his chest. She smiled to herself and continued walking as he fell to the ground.

'Told you Alex, I'm still a perfect shot' she muttered to herself as she left the room.

*********************

Bezile sat on the bed smoking a cigarette, calmly stroking his scar on his face. It told his story and it had become part of him. He could not wait for all this to end.

His phone rang on the bed. He looked at it and wondered if he should pick, if this was worth it. He slowly picked up the phone.

'Bezile' he said gruffly.

'It's time, we are ready' the voice said.

He cut the call and stood up.

It was time to end this battle. It was time to go.

************************

The black car was packed on the Suleja-Minna road leading to the wonderful Gurara Waterfalls. The car was filled with dust as it had driven all the way from Abuja to Niger State. The only occupant of the car was Mr. Stones all alone in the middle of nowhere smoking a cigar.

He took the moment to think of everything he had done in his life. He knew he would most definitely go to hell, if it existed that is. He laughed slightly to himself.

There was no way God was going to have mercy on his soul, he thought silently. But for once in his life, he believed he was doing the right thing. If there was one person who deserved to die more than him, it was this woman.

His plan was unsinkable. The problem was he knew hers would be unsinkable too. It just depended on which sank first. He hoped this was not his last mission. He felt a slight tremble run through him.

Is this what being afraid felt like? He thought slightly amused.

He looked up and saw the line of white cars numbering close to 30 coming closer.

He closed his eyes and prayed; to both the devil and God.

Then, Mr. Stones opened the door.

UMESI_JNR