A CHILL ONLY ICE COULD GIVE

Hello friends!!

Yes, its still January and here's a new chapter!

Had some free time on my hands and I was like "what the heck"

So here's a brand new chapter!

Enjoy!

Don't forget to vote and comment.

AUGUST, 1997 MADRID

The clicks of the high heels could be heard even from a distance. As the person approached, people turned to see who was disturbing their quiet lives but she didn't spare any of them any second glances as she strolled past them effortlessly.

She was a middle-aged woman but the curves on her body were still intact and she knew she still drove men wild with her body. Today however, she was here to see a man that she had repeatedly tried to avoid for the past three years. She wondered what she was doing here.

He said it was important, her brain persuaded her.

Admit it, you just want to see him because you secretly wish he'll win after all, her heart counter argued.

'Oh just shut up already', she spoke out loud and this time, everybody were on her, scrutinizing her and wondering who she was.

Way to go Maggie, way to go, you just had to go and get much more attention than you wanted.

She walked faster trying to get to her destination before she would be stopped by anyone especially by any men.

She got to her destination; it was a beautiful garden with different types of flowers. Her eyes twinkled with delight as she saw blue lilies and bent down to touch it. She closed her eyes as she sniffed at the flower taking in every bit of its scent.

'I remembered you liked flowers', a bass voice boomed just behind her. Naturally, she would have jumped and pulled out her imaginary parasol but she smelt his cologne which she knew by heart and his voice which was unmistakable to her soul, mind and heart.

'of course you did', she said turning around to face him and she sucked in her breath; he was still so handsome, the perfect texture of his hair, his smile, the ruggedness of his face and his eyes, it tickled her spine and made her feel alive. She suddenly realized she was doomed.

'Margaret', Stones muttered in a deep throaty voice. She loved the way it sounded, it sounded melodious, like sweet symphonies playing in her head, giving her heart flip flops.

You are a grown woman, control yourself Maggie! her brain screamed at her.

Who cares, it's just him anyway, her heart responded in a note of finality.

He slowly came towards her, his gaze firmly fixed on her, with fierce ferociousness and longing with a chill only ice could give.

'I've missed you', he said looking into her eyes. His eyes were soft and Maggie could see he was hurting. She knew what she could do to remove the bleeding injury which wrote scrolls of pain in his heart. She saw his eyes drift slowly to her lips and back to her eyes.

Maggie felt time stop, with her eyes locked on his, his eyes softening even more. She could every brush of the slight breeze blowing in the garden, blowing her forward into the inevitable. Her eyes closed involuntarily as stones lowered his gaze.

His lips came down on hers hard yet softly slowing merging with her soft lips. She flung her hands over his shoulders and he gently pulled her to him as he deepened the kiss. Maggie had left earth, floating in the bliss of stones' energy and the power of the kiss. She could feel his strong arms hold her in a gentle but firm way.

She finally felt stones pull his lips slowly from her, brushing it slightly on hers for the last time before kissing her on the head and embracing her, letting her catch her breath.

'Come with me Maggie', he begged again, a plea he had made more times than he had heard his name in the last year.

'I can't' she said pulling away and turning away from him. 'The things you do, I can't go with you'

Stones opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by the loud outcry that sounded so much like a baby.

Maggie's eyes widened.

'Stones, did you bring a baby with you?' she asked looking at him in a rather suspicious manner. Stones just smiled and shown her a path in the garden. Looking back and forth at him and the path, her feet moved without thinking into the path stones had pointed out.

She knelt as she reached the baby lying out a spread-out cloth. She gasped at how beautiful the baby was and turned towards stones angrily.

'How could you leave a baby here and be talking to me out there!' she shouted. 'Something could have happened to him'

'Nothing will happen to him'

Maggie looked at the baby who was still crying with little streams of water rolling down his little face and she turned to stones with a horrific look on her face.

'Where did you get him? where are his parents?, what did you do to them?' she shouted, fast becoming teary eyed.

'Relax I didn't kill anyone Maggie', stones said, all traces of emotion lost in his voice.

'Then how did you get him?' she muttered.

'He was abandoned'.

Maggie gasped and the tears fell down her cheeks finally.

'How could someone not want this baby as their own?'

'Am glad you think that way, because Maggie, I need a favor from you'. Maggie turned sharply to look at stones. She never knew him as one to ask for a favor. Suddenly her heart started racing, this time because she was dead scared.

'What do you need?' she asked, with a lot of caution in her voice.

'I need you to take care of this baby, with your life Maggie' stones' voice trembled as he spoke and Maggie got even more nervous.

'Who is he, who is this baby Stones?'

Stones smiled, 'there are somethings Maggie that even I can't tell you, life is not always what it seems'

'But, Stones!'

'Will you do this for me?' he asked in the coldest voice Maggie had heard in her entire life.

'I will', she whispered

'Thank you' he said. Maggie realized he had been holding his breath when it came out sharply. Looking at him now, she realized he had eye bags under his eyes and he looked stressed and a little older.

'I have to go Maggie, I have to be somewhere right now, if not everything will crumble'

'What will crumble? 'Maggie almost shouted in exasperation.

'I can't tell you' he said cupping her face. She looked up at him and saw fear in his eyes. Stones was never afraid. It disappeared as fast as it came making her think it was just a mirage.

'I need you alive, Maggie, and you won't die if you do not know'

'Just be safe...and don't kill anyone'

He chuckled, 'I cannot promise that'

A black car pulled up and stones stepped away from her.

'See you around Maggie, I love you', without waiting for a reply, he got into the car and it zoomed off without another second wasted.

'I love you too' she whispered into the wind, hoping the wind would carry her love with him wherever he goes.

UMESI_JNR