PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE COLLIDES

Holla there!!

Hope you enjoy this chapter

'Move an inch and you are dead' Bezile froze in place as he felt the gun in the middle of his head, the voice all too familiar, all too cold. He raised his hands in mock surrender.

'Congrats, you got me now'

*************

72 hours earlier

Stacy sat in the airplane with Wellis deep in sleep. She glanced at him as he slept like a baby. He looked so calm and peaceful.

He had no idea what was coming, what Nigeria held for them both, how his best friend could predictably become his worst enemy. He didn't even know about her being betrothed to him already.

She turned to look at the line of soft clouds floating just outside. She wished she could just go somewhere, somewhere calm, somewhere different. She wished she wouldn't have to kill again, wouldn't have to become Miss Pillay, that she didn't feel so happy whenever she was close to Wellis.

But that wish would fail. She would kill again. She had no choice, she thought. She owed Mr. Stones for all he had done for her. She would kill for him again and again. She glanced at Wellis again.

She would protect him with everything she got, she thought to herself. It was the least she could do. She heard the pilot gruffly announce that they were 10 minutes from landing at Nnamdi Asikwe International Airport, Abuja. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

When she opened them again, Stacy Mark was gone, there was only Miss Pillay.

********************

Mr. Stones walked into the dark room, his shoes barely making a sound as he stood not even a muscle moving.

'Who's there?' Ana's voice came breaking the silence.

'Ah, and I thought the silence was cute Miss Rossi'

'Miss who? I think you are mistaken, my name is Ana...'

'Anastasia Caulkins, I presume' Stones said moving slowly towards her voice.

'Mr. stones, where am I here? I know you never liked me and you were a bit sadistic, okay maybe very sadistic but I didn't think you hated me this much' Ana said talking very fast.

The lights suddenly went on and Ana sat on a bed looking worried but well rested.

'Miss Ana, hope you enjoyed the pancakes I sent' Stones said smiling slightly.

'Yes but don't distract me now. Why are you doing this?' Ana asked, her eyes signifying she expected an answer.

'I don't hate you Miss Rossi, if I did, you would have died a long time ago' Stones said looking around for an imaginary seat.

'Then why?'

'I'm protecting you' he said very quietly.
Now Ana looked even more confused.

'Why would I need protecting? I mean Barry has been arrested so I think I'm safe right now. So what the hell are you talking about?'

'Language young child' stones said very calmly.

Ana rolled her eyes.

'Just answer me please' she said looking scared and anxious.

'I am protecting you from your mother' Stones said looking at her, his eyes burning into hers.

Ana chuckled.

'My mom is dead bigshot. Dead for a very long time but of course, you wouldn't know that' Ana said looking a little bit angry now.

'I am not talking about Mrs. Caulkins Ana, I am talking about your real mother'

There was a long silence as Ana took everything that had been said in.

'What are you trying to say?' Ana said, her voice trembling a bit.

Mr. Stones walked to the bed and sat down.
'What I am trying to say Ana is that you are an adopted child'

***********************

She walked faster until she got to the telephone. Calling the number, she heard it ring once before a voice spoke.

'Is it done?'

'Yes, it is. They believed me. You needed to see their faces. Wellis looked like he had seen a ghost. She said giggling.

'Very good, I am proud of you. Our plan is almost complete. It's time for the finishing act'

'Which is?' the lady asked excited.
'You'll see, you'll see. Just you wait and see, just you wait and see Jessica'

And then, the line went dead.

Hope you liked the chapter!

I guess phareeydah_ got her wish 😁😁😁

Clinetower is coming to an end in the next two months!

Clinetower will have a sequel

"Brookstone" is the name of the sequel.

Please sit back and enjoy...

Hope you love the end

And hope it isn't a bitter-sweet ending for anyone.

Umesi_jnr