THE FACE-OFF

So I know,  it's been over two weeks since the last post.

Please have a bit of patience with me. 

Will soon start updating as before.

Meanwhile here's a wonderful chapter just for you guys.

Clinetower has a new cover!! 

Check it out soon

Cover credit: Live-For-The-Moment

ABUJA, NIGERIA

Mr. Stones got off his private jet with a red briefcase in his hands. The partially renovated airport was packed with people, Africans all travelling back and forth. Mr. Stones was quietly led through immigration as he had a federal passport. A black Porsche with tinted glasses was parked just outside waiting for him. Mr. Stones pulled the door open and stepped in.

‘Where to sir?’ the driver, Emeka asked without turning back. Mr. Stones immediately liked him for his professionalism.

‘The Transcorp Hilton’ Stones mumbled. ‘Aye’ the driver said and with that the car gathered speed leaving the airport in the distance.
                          **************:

LAGOS, NIGERIA

Dennis sat in a rather shabby restaurant eating amala and some kind of sauce-like soup which the woman had called Egusi. He had been very skeptical about tasting it. But his taste buds had come alive upon tasting it. He had to admit- it tasted really good, but now he was having a funny feeling in his stomach plus the flies that had slowly found their way to his table had left him very disturbed and flustered.

He glanced at the T.V and realized the news was just starting. Everyone in the restaurant since he started coming here to eat were always interested in what the news had to say. They usually had different opinions; some utterly ridiculous and some mind-blowing. He had to admit, Nigeria was an interesting place to live in.

He glanced again at the news wanting to catch the headlines as he normally did these past few days. He was disappointed though as nothing of importance caught his eyes in the first three pictures. He was almost turning his head when he saw something that struck him.

Mr. Stones stepping out of a private jet and shaking hands with a few federal officials from Nigeria. The new caption read; MR. STONES IN NIGERIA FOR A VISIT. His heart starting beating faster, a messed up combination of fear, excitement and the overwhelming urge for revenge.

Standing up, Dennis walked straight out of the restaurant. He had a flight to Abuja to catch.

As Mr. Stones car slowly breezed through the Maitama high-way, five black armored car came out of nowhere screeching and blocking off the path of Mr. Stones.

The driver, Emeka trembling came down from the car, pulled off his two shoes and started running in the opposite direction as men in ash suits armed to the teeth came out of the black cars followed by Mrs. Rossi.

She stepped out of the shadows of the men and shouted in a clear voice.

‘Stones, get out of the car!’

The door of the car opened and Mr. Stones walked out fuming.

‘How dare you Stella?’

‘Well Williams, a mother can do anything for her daughter. You of all people should know that, after all your wife did the exact same thing.

Stones’ eyes turned to a deeper color of greyish ash.

‘You dare bring her up!’

‘Yes, I remember her screaming as I killed her and I am going to kill you. Funny you thought it was safe to drive in this country without guards’

Stones just smiled ‘that’s the problem Rossi. I don’t need guards to follow me. You aren’t worth it. You aren’t worth a single drop of my blood.’

‘Oh but I am going to taste it today. It ends now unless you tell me where my daughter is.’

Stones smiled. ‘Over my dead body’

Rossi clenched her jaws. She turned and walked angrily muttering a faint “kill him” to her men.

Mr. Stones just stood smiling as 15 guns pointed at him with their red lasers all on his forehead.

Umesi_jnr