TROUBLE IN PARADISE

Hello wattpaders!!!  It's a new chapter! 

We have a new cover !!! Specially made by May_Flower123.

Her covers are simply breath taking. Give her a ring if you want a cover done!

Enjoy!!

I always thought when I left ClineTower, I would start from scratch, probably living under a bridge or a one bedroom maybe, but I certainly didn't expect to start up living in a mansion.

The mansion was like nothing I had seen before. It was huge, with the most beautiful interior decorations. It had flowery patterns on the walls. I stepped into the passage way and was struck by the beauty and shiny nature of the floors.

'This is amazinnnnngggggg' I heard Ana squeal, almost jumping.

'The interior decorations was designed by Deborah Aina, the finest in the world', Stacy said with a stint of pride in her voice.

An elderly man wearing a well fitted suit with a pretty large bow tie appeared from nowhere, he was pretty tall and it was obvious he was a pretty handsome man before age caught up with him.

'Oh, this is Mr. Adam, the butler and of course the caretaker of this house since we are almost never around'. Mr. Adam smiled showing his perfect set of teeth. I thought he looked like a nice guy.

'Mr. Adam this is David, Mr. Stone's grandson and this is his...?' Stacy looked at me waiting for me to fill the gap.

'Best friend', Ana answered before I could talk. Stepping forward, she extended her hand which Adam quickly took and kissed in a slow manner. For an old man, this guy sure had some moves, I thought.

Stacy cleared her throat, 'now let me show to your rooms'. With that, she moved rather fast and we all moved to keep up with her.

The bedrooms were even more exquisite in a very simple way. The head of the beds were gold plated and the floors were made of marble which shone brightly. It was hard to imagine I would one day own all this, it even seemed a bit overwhelming.

I looked up to see Stacy staring at me with such intensity, I could feel the heat from the stare.

'David, as the new agent of Marshal, you are supposed to keep in touch with Marshal, so I got a list of his numbers because knowing Marshal, you never know the particular number he is using. He's also about to a go on a world tour, so you are supposed to get in touch with the airlines or get the private jet ready. We have a list of countries that we would like him to visit, but you are supposed to narrow it to five. You are also....'

'Whoa, slow down tough girl, that's a lot' I say stammering.

She walked towards me still we were inches from each other, I could literally feel her breath on my skin as she spoke in a hush voice.

'You can't handle it?'

I opened my mouth but only air came out. Fortunately for me, she got out of my space and turned around heading for the door.

'So David Wellis, get to work.  Ana please come with me so that I can show you to your room'

Ana whispered in my ear before leaving

'Man, she's good, I thought you would wet your pants for a minute there' I shot her a glare and she chuckled and left following Stacy.

                      ***************
A unicorn was chasing me, I had been running for an hour now, my strength was failing me. I saw the exit, it was bright and shiny, and I ran faster hearing my breaths coming in very fast. Just then, I tripped and fell.

The unicorn screeched to a stop. It has a very large horn with a pointed tip. I could feel my eyes water as the tears threatened to fall.

Suddenly, the unicorn spoke in a rather familiar voice; 'I knew you couldn't handle it'

'Rise and shine' I felt a pillow connect with my face. I opened my eyes and thanked my stars that the person above me was no other than Ana. I breathed a sigh of relief.

'For a minute there, I thought you were some sort of unicorn' Ana looked at me like I had grown two heads.

'Dude, you sure you are not down with fever?' she said touching my neck.

Getting off the bed, she left the room not before telling me that breakfast will be served in 15 minutes.

I showered, brushed and dressed before I went down. I could smell egg and milk and the scent of strong coffee. Maybe being here isn't that bad after all.

Getting down, Ana was already there, eating all she could find. I gave her quizzed look and she shrugged her shoulders.

'Its free food buddy'

'Good morning Mr. Wellis' I turned around to see Stacy seated at the opposite direction, already done with breakfast and dressed.

'Try to wake up on time, there's no room for laziness in this business'. I raised a brow at her. As far as I know, she was about the same age with me, yet she spoke like she was the boss around here but as always, I swallowed my thoughts.

I settled down to eat. One bite of the croissants and I knew I was in ecstasy; it aligned perfectly with my taste buds. Clinetower was slowly being forgotten.

Stacy slid papers in front of me. 'These are the new sponsorship deals and image rights that are on the negotiating table. Try to get the best deal possible. You have a meeting by 2'

She slid another paper at me, 'this are his travel plans, this should be done as soon as we choose the countries we want to visit on the world tour'

'Okay. So how am I supposed to get to this meeting?'

She raised her eyebrow, 'you are going with me, leaving you alone in that meetings is suicidal'

'Oh'

'Yes and least I forget, another file of papers came into my view, 'this is the list of all the personnel under team marshal. It is your job to go through their profile and get rid of anyone you consider dead wood...I'll be gone now, meet me at the agency by two o'clock'. With that, she stood up and left without looking back.

I held my head in my hands, 'what am I going to do Ana? I don't know a thing about what is meant to be done'.

Ana threw the last piece of fried egg into her mouth and licked her lips. She then looked at me and smiled.

'Have you tasted the hot chocolate? It smells and tastes really nice.'

I sank deeper into my chair. There was trouble in paradise.

UMESI_JNR