nervous |b|

g r a y s o n :

Grayson: hey babe, are you free to talk?

Y/n: sure, what's up?

Grayson: FaceTime?

You didn't have the chance to reply, the screen went off, Grayson's FaceTime request coming through.

When your face came into the screen, before it connected with Grayson, you couldn't help but laugh at your double chin. For you it was 11pm but Ethan and Grayson were due to go on stage any minute now.

You shuffled around a bit, trying to make yourself look the tiniest bit decent (decent_dolan I gotchu gurl).

"Hey bup, wassup?" You yelled, regretting it immediately as your mum (or mom, I'm English, okay?!) shouted at you for being loud.

The first thing you noticed was how red his eyes were, his lips more swollen than usual, something that happens when he cries.

"Gray, what's wrong?!" You sat up even more, whispering so your mum didn't come in and tear your phone out of your hands and throw it out of the window.

"I'm so nervous about going on stage." You understood that at some shows he felt more confident than at others and you were happy that he came to you before going to Ethan, which probably would've been easier for him.

"Grayson it will be fine, just think... all of those people are there because they spent their own money to see you. Take a deep breathe and remind yourself that they're your fans, not your haters." You smiled at him, reassuringly.

"Thank you princess, next time I'm bringing you because I'm missing you so much, I don't care if they don't like it." He sighed, opening his mouth to say something when a door opened and Ethan walked in, telling him that it was time for them to go on.

After briefly saying 'hi' and 'bye' to you, Ethan exited, leaving you and Grayson alone. Kinda.

"I have to go." Grayson pouted, looking at your tired face, "you need sleep, I'll call you tomorrow?" He asked, although he needn't have to.

"Of course, and gray?" He looked up at you, humming in response, for you to continue, "break a leg. But don't actually because a broken arm is enough." With a cheeky smile and another 'I love you' you both ended the call.

You, content that you'd eased his nerves, fell into a deep sleep, cuddling your pillow that was wearing Grayson's favourite jumper.

e t h a n :

He stood at the alter, facing away from the aisle, because apparently it's bad luck to see the bride before she's made it down. At this point Ethan didn't care, he had this terrible feeling that you weren't going to show up, that you'd finally realised you were too good for him.

He was on the verge of tears, Grayson patting his back but jokingly telling him to man-up, in hopes of lightening the situation. When the music came on, Ethan knowing that you're there, he looked toward the vicar and then Grayson. Gray nodded and gave him the thumbs up.

Your father (or whoever idk. There's no chance in hell my father's walking me down the aisle  so whoever you want to that's cool) handed you over to Ethan, pecked the side of your head and gave Ethan a strict nod of acceptance.

Ethan's shaky hands found yours as his breathing became less erratic. His eyes gleamed with adoration as he subconsciously muttered a 'you're so damn beautiful' under his breathe, which you managed to catch.

After your vows and the big kiss, the two of you walked hand in hand back down the aisle, family members cheering and clapping.

Ethan couldn't seem to take his eyes off of you, the moment you were alone he pulled you into him, wrapping you in his arms as he kissed you over and over again, all over your face.

You giggled and he pulled away, holding you at arms length as he took you in again, checking out his bride without any shame.

And as the two of you made your way to the reception venue, he'd completely forgotten why he was ever so nervous.

〰 I need to get better at this 〰