nightmares |b|

g r a y s o n :

You turned over in bed, dismissing the faint cries as nothing more than her fatigue clouded imagination. After a few seconds you noticed Grayson's absence next to you, groaning as you rubbed your eyes and sat up.

You hurried out of bed when you heard your daughters cries, louder this time. You didn't have a chance to get her, Grayson walking through the bedroom door with her in his arms. Her tiny limbs wrapped around him, clinging to him for dear life. Her head was buried in his neck, sobs wracking through her body.

"Baby, what's wrong?!" You were suddenly wide awake, Grayson laying down with her, putting her between the two of you.

"Mommy the monster got me!" She said, stopping every few seconds to take a deep breathe, choking on her sobs.

"Shhh, daddy's (😏) here." He cooed, rubbing her back gently and humming to her. She slowly fell asleep, cuddled up to the two of you.

e t h a n :

You woke with a start, loud footsteps and the sound of the running faucet coming from the bathroom.

"Ethan, are you okay in there?" The tap was turned off and the lock clicked open. The first thing you noticed about him was his disheveled hair and the puffiness of his lips, bloodshot eyes that looked at you as if you were about to disappear.

He all but ran at you, pulling you into him. Usually, when he had nightmares, he wouldn't wanna talk about it. The two of you would cuddle and he'd soon fall asleep peacefully. But today was different.

He was crying into your neck, breathing heavily, trying to calm himself down but only panicking himself more.

"You weren't there!" He pulled away, cupping your face in his hands, "you'd left me!" You wiped his tears, pecking him on the lips.

"I'm here E," you went to pull him towards the bed but he shook his head, saying he didn't want to fall asleep because he was scared of the dream coming back, it seemed too real to him.

"Okay, you go put a movie on downstairs and I'll make us some hot drinks." He nodded, reluctantly letting go of you after kissing you again.

He fell asleep on the sofa, head on your lap, your fingers massaging his head.