too late |e|

request: hxnnxhpxtrice

trigger warning

e t h a n ;

"Y/N? ARE YOU HOME? I BOUGHT MCDONALDS!" Ethan's voice seemed to echo through the house. He was awaiting the sound of you rushing downstairs, loving when Ethan brought home surprise junk food for you. 

However, he was left in the entryway of the house, confused and worried as to why you hadn't come down. He took out his phone from his back pocket, trying to find a text where you told him you were going out. He found nothing.

Deciding you'd probably just fallen asleep or were having a shower, he went into the kitchen and put your food onto a plate, setting it down at the table and sitting down for a second. He'd been stressed lately, but didn't ever to talk to you about it because as soon as he saw your face he always forgot about it. 

After five minutes, he decided to go and search the house for you, not wanting the food to get cold. 

"Babe, your food is getting cold!" He laughed, nervously. He was confused why you hadn't come down yet. You were usually waiting for him at the front door when he got home, welcoming him in and helping him relax after a long day.

He went into your shared bedroom, eyebrows furrowing at the unmade bed and the clothes strewn all over the floor. When he'd left the house early that morning, everything was tidy, in its rightful place; you couldn't have it any other way. 

Knocking on the to the ensuite bathroom, he was left confused at the reply he got. Silence. 

He slowly - fearing the outcome, thoughts flying round his head - he opened the door. A gasp left his mouth at the sight in front of him. His girlfriend laying cold on the bathroom floor, an empty pill bottle laying next to her head. 

A sob left his mouth as he dropped to his knees beside her, pulling her head to his lap, brushing the hair from her face. 

Tears fell onto her as he fumbled around with his phone, calling the emergency services. He was in shock. He was screaming and crying down the phone to the medical dispatcher on the other line. The love of his life had taken her own.

And all he could say was that he was too late.  

Okay, I know. I've been gone for a while. And this is a sad imagine to come back with. 

I did write a halloween one, but it didn't publish when I first tried. should I still upload it?

Anywho, I love you all. Hope you're all doing good!

As you can probably tell, this is unedited, so bear with me : p