late night talks |g|

okay so this is based on a dream i had last night

g r a y s o n ;

You'd recently been offered a new job, with that job came a whole lot of sucking up to your new boss. Which meant a few late nights here and there. This was only your second day, returning home at 22:47.

You yawned, placing your shoes on the shoe rack and your keys in the empty fruit bowl on the kitchen island. you crept up the stairs, your toes finding comfort in the soft carpet, happy to no longer be confined by your heels.

You checked in on your children, giving them each a kiss on the forehead, admiring how peaceful they looked in their sleep. Upon entering your and Grayson's bedroom, you immediately stripped down to your underwear, digging through the closet to find one of Grays jumpers.

Eventually, you climbed into bed next to him, resting your head on his chest. His arm came around you, pulling you in closer to him.

"How was work, baby?" His voice was husky from sleep, making you blush slightly. His sleepy voice is sexy.

"Tiring. The boss says that he's going to offer a promotion to someone, there's four of us that are fighting for it. I just really want to impress them, whether I get it or not. What about you? How's being a stay-at-home dad going?"

"Tiring. Don't know how you managed it. I must say, it is pretty fun hearing all the gossip in the car on the way home from school. Oh, and we had takeout again. I tried to cook but it just wasn't happening." You groaned, when you found out you were pregnant with your first child, you'd read every parenting magazine/booklet/article you could get your hands on. You had a thing about your kids eating healthy to make sure they didn't get sick.

"I miss picking them up from school and making them dinner and putting them to bed." you pouted, tucking your head into his neck.

"I've told you, you don't have to work. I can pay for everything. Ethan and I are still making money off of our videos and it's more than enough to support us and our family."

"I'm not becoming a house wife Grayson, all your friends have wives that sit around all day spending their husbands money and baking pies for their stupidly named children and getting so much Botox that their lips are unnaturally large and oddly shaped."

"Don't be stupid. I've lived, for two days now, in your usual life. It's freaking difficult y/n! You look after our children and when they're at school you're doing housework. And I don't know if you've noticed, but I have no idea how to turn the vacuum on, or how to put the washing machine (can't remember if they're called something else in America) on."

"Goodnight Gray, I love you." You chuckled, not remembering how you'd managed to get to the conversation you were just having.

"This conversation isn't over," he gave you a look before kissing your head, resting his chin on your shoulder from behind, "goodnight, I love you."