cuddle weather |g|

g r a y s o n :

Your daughter had only recently been moved from the crib in your and Grayson's room, to her own bedroom. She took it surprisingly well, excited to be able to help you paint and decorate her own little space. 

However, getting her to bed was often a struggle and some nights Grayson would be in her room for nearly an hour before she was asleep. 

On this particular night she had gone down fairly well, no fuss and no tears, especially considering Grayson had been out at his parents and unable to tuck her in.

Grayson was initially woken by the loud crack of thunder, the lightning flashing briefly and lighting the whole bedroom. He looked down to see you nestled comfortably into the crook of his neck, one of his large sweatshirts keeping you toasty. 

You shuffled around, stirring at the noise, before settling down again, only to be woken by the shrill cries of your toddler. 

"Is that y/d/n?" you muttered sleepily, rubbing your eyes with your knuckles, not sure whether you were just tired and hearing things or your daughter had decided she wanted your attention. 

"I'll get her baby, try and get some sleep." He mumbled, kissing your forehead and making his way down the hall. The room was a dull shade of pink, the rose coloured night lamp lighting the room. She was sat up in her little bed, Grayson's childhood teddy clutched to her chest. 

She barely noticed him enter as her eyes were shut tightly, tears streaming down her cheeks, another shriek leaving her as another bout of thunder cracked through the air, the lightning following closes behind. 

"Hey, I'm here baby!" He rushed over to her bed, wrapping his muscly arms around her tiny body. Almost instantly she had her face in his neck, her sobs growing stronger as Grayson rubbed her back.

"Daddy!" She yelped, climbing out of her covers, head still held against his chest, wrapping her legs around his waist so that he'd have no choice but to pick her up. He knew what she wanted, and he didn't have the heart to say no, knowing you wouldn't mind this one time, given the circumstances. 

She'd calmed down by the time he'd made it into the hall, feeling safe in his arms, knowing she'd got what she wanted. She was sneaky and cunning - something you were sure she'd learnt from Ethan. 

You looked towards the door when it opened, "we have a little one joining us tonight." He plopped her down in the middle of the bed, smiling at the giggle that left her lips, as she rubbed her eyes tiredly. 

You pulled her into your chest, pulling the duvet up and placing it up to her shoulders. Grayson climbed in, giving you both a kiss on the cheek, his arm going over your daughter and resting on your waist as he laid himself down. 

"Mmmm a big Dolan sandwich." You mumbled, snuggling further into your pillow, smiling as Grayson's fingers drew patterns on the small of your back, as he knew you weren't the biggest fan of storms either. 

"Perfect cuddle weather, if you ask me."

just a small update because I felt inspired - love you all, don't forget to send requests!♡