finally 2|g|

g r a y s o n :

- two months later -

You were wedding dress shopping with your best friend when it happened, you passed a restaurant on your way to grab some lunch, the smell making you feel fifty shades of nauseous. You smiled through it, knowing you'd be home soon, planning to make an excited stop at the pharmacy on your way.

Grayson and Ethan were hanging out for the day, something they did from time-to-time, being so busy with their adult lives that they barely get to see each other. So when you got home, just after three in the afternoon, you ran to the toilet giddily to take the test.

You'd spent the whole car ride debating whether or not you should wait for him. Whilst a large part (namely your brain) seemed to scream out 'YES', your heart knew that if it was negative, you'd rather not frag him down with you after getting him hyped up, especially as your only proof thus far was that you'd felt sick once that morning.

You waited the required amount of time, squealing in joy that it was positive, not having the care to think that your best friend had just payed for a very expensive maid of honour dress, that you wouldn't fit in anymore.

You hid the test among the cleaning supplies, somewhere Grayson would never find it, deciding it'd be sensible to get it checked up by the doctor, incase the test wasn't 100% accurate. Most of you still thought it wasn't real, and that you were dreaming.

You had the same nurse, who was very sweet, and you left crying again, this time for an entirely different reason. You'd finally done it.

With the sonogram photos in your hand, you left the hospital with a smile on your face and tears in your eyes. People stared as you walked to your care but you could not have possibly cared less.

Digging out the pregnancy test, placing it craftily on Grayson's pillow, alongside the sonogram print, you went to take a bath, sighing from beneath the bubbles in anticipation as you heard his car pull up outside, and eventually his heavy feet trudging up the stairs.

All you'd done differently since your last disappointing appointment was focus on your love with your husband, rather than focusing on making a baby, and you cursed yourself for not doing it sooner. But you couldn't be too mad at yourself because you were so overjoyed.

You held your breath as you waited for a reaction, and you didn't think you were getting one until the bathroom door nearly flew off its hinges and Gray ran towards you, throwing himself down to his knees beside the tub and half pulling your naked body out and into his arms, one large hand holding the back of your head gently.

"We did it, we finally did it."