finally 1|g|

g r a y s o n :

You and Grayson had been married for nearly three years, the following Saturday not only marking 36 months since you married the man of your dreams, but also 1095 days since you decided to start trying for a baby.

And here you are, three  You whole years later, sat atop the hospital bed, the nurse apologising and handing you some tissue to wipe the gel with. Grayson had to do it for you, as you stared at the wall ahead of you miserably. She gave you both a moment, leaving the room to check something.

"It's never going to happen, is it?" You broke the silence, and Gray looked up at you when he was done, pulling your top back down to cover your stomach.

"It will, baby, you just have to have faith. Don't stress over it too much." He was hurting just as much as you, and a tiny part of you felt guilty that he had to be the one to comfort you both.

"Come on Grayson, it's been nearly three years, no one is that unlucky without a medical reason involved." He was at a loss for words, but lucky didn't have to reply as the nurse entered again, explaining that some couples find it harder the first time around, although you were both sure she was only saying it to make you feel better.

The drive home was silent, until the light turned red, and his hand crept across the centre-console to place itself in your lap, taking ahold of your ring finger.

"I love you, and I know you want this, I know you do. I do too, but maybe we should not try so hard to make it happen." You pulled your hand away immediately, but he grabbed it back, giving you the look he always did when you didn't let him finish. "One of my friends said that they struggled at first, because they were trying too much, when they eventually cooled it down and were making love, rather then just trying to get pregnant, then it worked." You digested his words, nodding as you knew he was right. In the mess of it all, you and Grayson had lost the passion. And maybe you were just pulling at straws here, but it was easier to blame it on that than to even fathom that it was anything you were doing wrong.

pulling your hand to his lips, he kissed it gently, winking at you. "I love you, okay?" Another nod, a small smile playing on your lips as he pulled up to your favourite fast food restaurant. "And if it doesn't happen for us, then it doesn't happen. I won't love you any less, and we can always try another option. There are millions of children that we could adopt and give an amazing life to."

the two of you didn't discuss it much more than that. You went home after eating your body weight in junk food, then slept curled up in his arms after sharing a relaxing bath.

1/9 new imagines - keep the requests coming