worried |e|

e t h a n ;

"You're sure it's just the a fever?" Ethan asked slowly, looking down at his six month old who was  happily sucking on the string of his hoodie. The corners of his lips lifted up slightly as his daughters big eyes started up at him, her cheeks bright red. 

She was mumbling, waving her arms around and trying to communicate with her dad through her grumbles and hand gestures. 

"I'm sure, Mr. Dolan, for the fifth time, she's just got a fever. Although, it does seem quite serious." She trailed off, putting the back of her hand to your daughters forehead.

"I'm sorry. It's just y/n has been away on business and I panic about this stuff too much, she isn't here to tell me that I'm being ridiculous." They both laughed as he picked up his baby, holding her against him, her head immediately resting on his shoulder, her hand reaching up to touch his face as her babbling continued. 

"Okay, well here is some medicine that will help take down her temperature. Give it to her every three-to-four hours. I would say it's best to keep her wrapped up in a blanket, as warm as possible, as it's getting cold out and she'd only get more ill. She'll complain but you have to be persistent." She handed Ethan a prescription and stroked your daughters cheek gently.

♤♧♡♢

"Daddy, please make her stop! We're trying to sleep!" Your seven and four year old sons stood in the hallway, staring into their sisters nursery as Ethan tried to force feed her the medicine whilst also trying to keep her in the blanket burrito. 

"I'm trying, I promise I'm trying. Get y/y/s/n into bed and I'll come in in a minute." Your oldest nodded, running off down the hall to tuck his younger brother into bed. 

Your son, after ensuring that his brother was asleep, came back into your bedroom, sitting cross-legged on the floor with his chin resting on the palm of his hand. He watched silently as his sister screamed the walls down. 

"Is it like the banana stuff?" He scrunched his nose up, just the thought of it disgusting him.

"Yeah, buddy, it's just like that." Ethan cast his eyes towards his son for a second before turning his attention back to his daughter. 

"Okay," he cooed, bringing his daughter closer to him and giving up on the small medicine syringe that still held half of the pink liquid in it. Just as he thought she was about to calm down, he moved slightly to stand up and put her into your and Ethan's bed, not wanting her to be alone if she woke up and was disorientated. He winced as she woke up and let out a particularly ear piercing scream, holding onto her dads shirt with all she had. "My phone is in the kitchen, can you call mom for me? I don't think I can do this without her."

♤♧♡♢

purely bc I think Ethan will rely on you for everything (not in a bad way)