worried 2 |e|

requested: @shaylasmith2

e t h a n ;

"Ethan, it's the middle of the night, what do you want?" you grumbled, sitting up in bed. You weren't in a different time zone to the Ethan and your kids, but you were a few hours drive away. Business trips suck.

"Mommy!" Your son shrieked, waking you up completely. You sat up in bed, turning on the lamp so that you could see around the small hotel room.

"Where's daddy? Does he know you have his phone? Why are you still awake?" You bombarded him with questions, stopping when you heard him trying to speak.

"Y/d/n is sick and daddy can't get her to shush so he told me to call you." He told you, walking back into your and Ethan's room. You then heard the ear piercing screams of your six month old daughter, wincing and rubbing your head, pulling your phone away from your ear and seeing that it was 2:13am.

"She's sick?! Is she okay? Put daddy on the phone, bup." There was some rustling on the other line, your son and Ethan mumbling to each other for a minute, before you heard his husky voice.

You'd only been away for two nights but you hadn't had much time to call Ethan, and when you did he was usually busy with the kids.

"Baby? How do you get her to take medicine? I've tried everything! And she's so hot but when I take the blankets off her she shivers. She's hot and cold at the same time, how is that even possible?!" He panicked through the phone to you, groaning in exhaustion.

"I'm coming home in the morning, E. You won't have to do it alone for much longer and when I get home you can have a nap, okay?" He sighed, liking what he heard. "What about a bubble bath with rose petals, how does that sound, sweetie?" You asked jokingly but he agreed anyway.

"You can keep her in our bed tonight. Put the blanket on her and if she gets too hot she can push it off and put it back on if she's too cold. Get a cold flannel to put on her forehead to cool her down. And have you tried pretending the syringe is an aeroplane?"

"YOU'RE A GENIUS!" He shouted, cursing to himself when your daughter screamed again, and made aeroplane noises, cheering when she ate it, stopping to laugh at Ethan's faces that he was pulling.

"Okay, well I need to go back to sleep. But I'll see you tomorrow. I love you, and kiss my babies goodnight for me."

"I don't know what I'd do without you. I was so worried, I love you!"