just in time |g|

request: 

trigger warning

g r a y s o n ;

Gray had been wary to leave home that day, as you'd been off recently, so when he'd stepped into the house, called your name, and got no reply... He was worried. 

"Y/N?!" He ran as fast as he could, searching the house for you. Thoughts raced through his head, stopping to pull at the ends of his hear. His eyes started watering as he thought that maybe you'd left him, when he heard a noise from the ensuite bathroom. 

"Baby? Let me in!" Not that he was suspicious about what was going on. But he was so worked up, thinking you'd left him, that he just wanted to hold you in his arms. But you didn't reply, only letting out loud sobs. 

He let his hand drop to his side, his eyebrows furrowing. His head rested against the hardwood of the bathroom door, waiting for you to respond. This type of thing happened quite a lot, and it put Grayson in a lot of pain to come home and hear the love of his life crying on the other side of the locked bathroom door. 

You'd had countless conversations where you told Grayson he deserved someone that didn't put him in this situation. Someone that didn't drag his emotions down. But he ignored you every time, knowing that if the two of you were no longer together then he'd be even worse. He loved cheering you up when you were down and having you there for him when he was feeling the same. 

"Grayson..." You croaked, your voice hoarse from crying for hours on end. Your head pounded and your eyes could barely stay open. Grey took the lock off the bathroom door months ago, not only having feared a situation like this would happen and he wouldn't be able to get in, but also because it was dodgy and got stuck a lot. 

He walked in, knowing if he'd ask you'd say no. His heart broke, seeing you laying on the bathroom floor, pill bottle in hand. He sighed in relief when he noticed that you hadn't taken any. Your sobs brought him back to reality and he knelt down next to you, gently putting your head on his lap. 

He didn't say anything, just quietly shushed you, stroking your hair. After a few minutes, he took the pill bottle out of your hand and putting it on the countertop. He continued soothing you for another few minutes, until your tears had stopped completely, your arms now around his neck and you'd moved to sit on his lap. 

He carried you into the bedroom and set you down gently, getting one of his oversized jumpers and some sweatpants that he knew you loved to wear. Silently, he got you changed into his clothes. 

You never cared about Grayson seeing you naked. After the first few years together, you were more comfortable around him than anyone else. So you just lay there, knowing he didn't care either. There was a time and a place for things like that and he knew when not to overstep that boundary. 

"I know you don't want to talk about it, baby. But you know that I'm always here. Just call me, no matter what I'm doing, I'll run home to you. You know that, deep down I know you do. I love you, and I won't leave you, and I'm not going to let you leave me. It isn't that easy." He kissed your head, wiping the single tear that fell down your cheek. 

"I love you too." You whispered, drifting into a deep sleep, snuggled into Grayson's side.