'girl toys' |e|

sorry for the lack of Grayson imagines - you guys aren't requesting and atm the only ones I can think of I think of as more Ethan than Grayson ya know. 

(Also E looks like a hot dad in the pic above so enjoy that)

e t h a n ;

Your four year old son had been bouncing up and down in his seat for the entirety of the car journey. It wasn't often that the three of you got to go out, as Ethan usually got noticed by fans. You weren't sure if your son would even remember what a toy store was like.

It was coming up to Christmas, and your son was the hardest to buy for. Mainly because Ethan just bought him whatever he wanted throughout the year. So you decided to take him to a toy store and make a note of the things he takes interest in. 

Unbuckling him and placing him on the ground, you attempted to grab his hand but he ran away, towards the store. Luckily, Ethan was one step ahead of you and scooped up his son, telling him that if he wanted to get anything from Santa, he had to be good and not throw any tantrums whilst you went around the shop. 

Once you were all inside, the two of you relaxed seeing that the shop was pretty much empty. It was a weekday so most people would be at work. Your sons daycare had some kind of day off, Ethan obviously works from home, and your boss gave you the day off as you'd been working very hard recently. 

Ethan let go of y/s/n's hand, letting him explore and go towards the things he was interested in, and the social experiment began! You pulled up the notes page on your phone, writing down a few things he seemed to really like. 

After half an hour, he wondered into the big, pink coloured section. You didn't think anything of it, at the end of the day, a toy is a toy. You weren't going to stand back and tell your son he couldn't play with a barbie because it's 'wrong'. Mainly because it's not and, growing up, you played football and basketball, whilst your brother(s) liked to have tea parties. You all turned out perfectly fine. 

You bent down next to him, cooing at him and talking about the doll he was curious about. 

"She's pretty, isn't she?" He nodded, turning to show his dad. Ethan smiled at him, ruffling his hair. 

"Not as pretty as your mom." You shoved Ethan in the leg for being cheesy in public, and y/s/n giggled uncontrollably as his dad winked. 

A women, stood not too far away, watched the moment in disgust. Her daughter was quietly looking at the dolls, moving along the shelf until she was stood next to your family. You smiled at her, standing up from your squatted position. 

"Come on, Olivia, let's leave these people alone." You were taken aback by the spite in her tone, although the words she spoke weren't that rude, the way she looked down at your son with a glare made your blood boil. 

"Excuse me?" Ethan picked up his son, who looked a little upset, not knowing why a random lady was glaring at him. He wasn't good with strangers, and could get quite self-conscious, it was all to do with the amount of teenage girls that would follow him and Ethan whenever they went out. 

"Well, you're letting your son play with girls toys. You're setting him up to be... you know." She rolled her eyes, pulling her daughter close to her side. 

"Actually I don't know. I wasn't aware that these toys had genders. I mean, since you're clearly the expert, would you mind showing me where on this doll it says that boys aren't allowed to play with it?" She looked dumfounded, as if she hadn't expected you to stand up for your son. Not wanting him to hear his mom shouting at a stranger - and teach him bad habits - Ethan started talking to him about something else to distract him. It seemed to work. 

"As long as my son ends up happy, playing with toys he actually wants to, rather than toys I make him play with because apparently they aren't his gender. Then I'm happy. No matter what he ends up like when he's older, the choices he makes, as long as i've made his childhood as happy as possible, then I know i've done my job." You always got slightly pent up when having confrontations like this, and so it all bubbled out of you until you were talking gibberish. 

"Ugh, what a cow!" You growled as you walked away. You regretted that her daughter had to listen to that whole rant. But you couldn't help but wonder how many times that little girl had asked her mom for a football and been told no. It made you so angry how people could be so obnoxious and deny their children of that happiness, because they're afraid it will somehow make them 'different' in the long run. As if suppressing the opposite gender will prevent any LGBTQ related issues in the future. 

"Come on babe, let's get you home." Ethan caught up with you, son still on his hip. "Look, y/s/n this is what happen when mommy gets mad. I call it 'hulk rage'. Because she's like hulk, and she wants to yell and 'hulk smash' everything. You get it?" You glared at your husband, trying not to smile. Your son, who wasn't even listening, fiddled with the doll that was still inside the box. 

"Let me pay for this, you go wait in the car."

Again, didn't know how to end. That seems to be my problem. I don't know how many times i've addressed that that's my problem but there it is again. You're welcome. I'm not even sorry. 

Anyhow, this is an idea i've had for a while, and I was more ranting about than I was trying to write a good imagine. So sorry if it's a little bit shitty. I think if you've clicked on this book, and got this far, you've accepted that my standard is 'a little bit shitty'. 

Another long ass A/N. Here we go. 

My brother used to be obsessed with 'girl-toys', if you will. And My step dad is quite old fashioned. I don't blame him for any of his opinions, because it was the way he was raised and a part of me can kinda understand why a dad wouldn't want his son to play with barbies. Like it's a thing. It's so stupid but I can kinda understand it. 

My mum and I have been desperate to do my brothers (who's now five, and although he's now into cars and football and stuff like that (so the barbie and pink being his favourite colour was all a phase), he still likes doing all the 'girly' things we used to do together) makeup.

Just want to clarify, i'm not saying these things are actually 'girly' but those are the things my step dad wouldn't like my brother doing. It's just easier for all of us if I call them that. I doubt any of you will read this anyway so it's chill. Armpit mustard. 

My stepdad gets mad whenever we mention it, and even yesterday my brother used a chapstick, FOR CHAPPED LIPS YO - BOYS GET CHAPPED LIPS TOO FFS - he didn't realised it was tinted. And again he's five so he smothered that shit on thick, and my stepdad got so mad. It's kinda funny bc when he gets mad he looks like an Oompa Loompa.

Don't know where that A/N was going. It was going somewhere but I forgot halfway through. I have a snow day tomorrow (YAYAYAYAYAY) so please send requests. 

Okay love you all