Chapter 18

As the club doors shut behind me, I ran for my car not bothering to look if anyone was coming after me. Reacing inside my pocket I grabbed my keys fumbling for just a second.

Finally the key went in turning it the car unlocked, swinging the door open I got in. Just as I getting in I looked back for a split second Jace and Matt were running towards me and fast.

I slammed the door locking it just as Jace reached my door. He pulled on the door handle slamming his fist against the window. "Open the door Lexi!" he yelled looking at me through the window.

I shook my head as the tears rolled down my face. Sticking the key in the ignition I turned it drowning out Jace's voice as the engine roared to life.

He pounded on the window again of he kept it up it was going to break. Matt had now joined him though he was standing in front of the car. "Lexi I won't let you leave get out of the car!" he yelled over the engines noise.

Jace moved away from the car running towards the gate. I knew exactly what he was doing, he was going to have the gates closed while Matt distracted me.

Looking to the club house everyone was standing there watching. Abel had moved towards the front taking slow steps. I ground my teeth together he had back stabbed me like no one else could have.

There would be no going back after this I would give in to all the pain as I never had before. To dwell in deepest blackest part of my heart. The part I had worked so hard to keep closed up.

Looking Matt straight in the eye I took the brake off keeping the car in park while stepping my foot on the gas. He stepped back a few steps "Lexi don't do this!" he yelled.

Shaking my head "I have to" I said in a hushed whisper as the tears continued to fall. Throwing the car in reverse going as far against the wall as possible. Then switching gears I threw it in to Drive.

Stepping my foot down all the way on the gas till it reached the floor. The car rushed forward as I turned the wheel all the way to the right. So that way Matt wouldnt have been hit.

Looking in the rear view mirror Matt stood there frozen looking at my car drive away from him. Abel was standing with his arm crossed against his chest. My eyes fell from the mirror as I came head to head with the gate.

Jace had gotten the gate about 2/3's of the way closed he worked fast I would give him that. Sadly it wouldn't stop me pressing the pedal hard into the floor.

It went forward my eyes staying on Jace as his eyes went wide. He threw himself to the side as I zoomed past him. Making it through the tight squeeze I made a hard left.

Driving through the dead of the night I passed by in a blur never slowing down my speed. I went on like this for what felt like hours. My tears had stopped as soon as the club house fell out of sight.

My car was running on fumes taking the first exit that came into view. I pulled into a empty gas station just as my car gave out. Leaning my head against the head rest I closed my eyes.

They had burned because I had kept trying to fight the tears back. Taking a deep breath I sighed reaching down opening the glove compartment.

There was my desert eagle locked and loaded along with about a 1,000$ cash rolled up. Grabbing the money I took out 60$ before rolling it back up.

Throwing it back in the glove compartment I grabbed the gun. Making sure the safety was on I tucked it behind my back. Pulling my shirt down over it I took my vest off throwing it in the backseat.

Putting my sweater on I left the zipper open so you wouldn't notice the outline of the gun. Getting out of the car I closed the door looking at the gas pump number #14.