Chapter 26

Authors Note: Hello guys just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to read this chapter.

I have just gotten to 30 fans with that I think you guys deserve an upload. Let's get it to 15 votes for the next upload :)

Jaces Point Of View

Lexi had left a little bit after the situation with Abel I could see why. When she was leaving her head seemed to be else where. My eyes hadn't left her the whole time till she was out of my sight.

It had been about twenty minutes since she had left and I hadn't heard anything from her. Not that she answered to me or anything it's just lately things seemed to be different.

It had been a long time since a girl had gotten my attention like this. The sun had set already making the sky a dark grey so obviously it worried me not hearing if she was okay. Instead of waiting for her to call me I took the initiative and called her.

Every ring that passed had me on the edge of my seat it was agonizing to keep hearing the monotone ring. Finally she answered the phone a sigh of relief came from my mouth.

"Hello" she answered quietly.

"Did you make it home safely?" I asked.

"Yeah just got here nobodys home though" she said keeping her voice low.

"Oh will you be okay then?" I asked some what concerned.

"Yeah I'll be okay" she said but her voice didn't sound so confidant.

I stayed quiet on the line only my breathing as I motioned for Matt to come over to me.

"Okay if you think you'll be fine then" I said. Matt stood in front of me mouthing "What" while shrugging his shoulders at me.

"Ouch!" she yelled the sound of her phone hitting the phone echoed in my ear.

"What was that?" I asked her

"Ahhhhhh!!!! Ahhhh!!!" She started screaming at the top of my lungs. Making me pull the phone from my ear.

It took my by surprise at the sudden scream but the panic was clear in her voice.

"Lexi! Lexi!! What's going on?! I yelled my voice was frantic.

"JACE! JACE HELP ME!" Her scream held fear and panic. The sound of a fight going on could be heard through the phone.

The loud sound of a body hitting the floor echoed through the phone to my ear.

"No Get Off Me!!" she yelled. Without giving it any thought I got on my bike.

"Lexi Were Coming!" I yelled at the phone hanging it up. We started our bikes and took off.

We raced down the highway not caring about speed limits or other cars. I needed to get to her quick the way she screamed out my name for help. It made my chest ache knowing she was in danger.

Something bad was always happening to her when she wasn't with me. When I wasn't around to protect her. It took us 10 minutes to get to the house it was agonizing to say the least.

My mind was already thinking of the worst case scenario. Pulling into the driveway I turned off the bike not bothering to put the kickstand up. Grabbing my gun, I took of the safety.

Rushing to the door Matt was fumbling with his keys to unlock it. Growing frustrated, I pushed him out of the way shooting at the lock twice. Then giving it a hard kick the door swung open.

The house was dark and silent not a very good sign at all. Looking to Matt I pointed for him to check the bottom floor. Nodding his head he held his gun up walking through to the living room.