Chapter 19

Matt's POV

I had been driving around on my bike for hours and still there was no sign of her. We called, texted, left voicemails but nothing she was gone.

There hadn't been anything for me to stop her. When she drove past me there was no doubt in my mind that she would be taking off to who knows where.

After she left shock kept me in place I hadn't seen her cry in a really long time. Lexi looked broken and it was all that assholes fault. I would kill him as soon as I knew Lexi was safe.

That was my first concern, she had alcohol in her system and it was almost 5 in the morning. I had to find her and quick who knows what's going through her mind right now.

My phone began ringing digging in my pocket I pulled it out. Looking at the screen, Jace Calling I answered the phone.

"What!" I said my voice was tired.

"Did you have any luck finding her?" he asked

"No I haven't had any luck finding her not for past 6 hours!" I yelled at phone frustrated.

"Easy well find her I'm with Rosie meet us in front of the school." he said

"Whatever!" I said shutting my phone.

Starting my bike I took off to the school my thoughts only on Lexi. My baby sister was missing and there wasn't anything I could do to find her.

Turning a corner I pulled to the front of the school were Jace and Rosie were waiting for me. Pulling up next to Jace I turned my bike off. Yet I didn't make a move to get off.

"Alright I'm here now what do you want" I asked my voice hard. "We've gone everyplace that Rosie can think of and there's no sign of her." Jace said running a hand through his hair.

"I already knew that!" I said suddenly a hand was rubbing my back up and down. "Matt you need to relax I know your upset but well find her" Rosie said.

Looking at her I shook my head "She's my baby sister what if something bad happened to her I'll never live it down." I said putting my head down.

"Well find her nothing's going to happen to her!" Jace said as his fist clenched at his side. I was about to confront him about his being so defensive about Lexi. When my phone began ringing again.

Flipping it open I answered it not bothering to look at the screen.

"What I'm busy!" I yelled

"Don't you dare talk to me that way Matthew Cortez!" his voice was angry.

"Dad?" my voice lowered somewhat if there was anybody that scared me it was my father.

"Where is your sister!?" he asked

"Um well actually you see about that the truth is I don't know." I said sighing

"YOU DON'T KNOW!!!! I left her in your care you were supposed to be responsible of her and you don't know where she is!!!!" he yelled through the phone.

Holding the phone away from my ear I cringed slightly. My father was a scary man when he was mad even I was afraid of him. Jace and Rosie had a confused look on there face.

My Dad I mouthed to them putting the phone back to my ear. "I'll find her dad I promise" I said in between his yelling.

"You listen to me boy and listen good your sister called me crying asking for my help!" he said anger laced his voice.

I felt my heart skip a beat for a second "What she called you then you talked to her where is she then?!" I yelled at phone. Hope is was I felt.

"I don't know where she is I kept trying to ask her but all she would say is that she was with your mother" he said.